FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Citroen DS4 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are a new site so don't be shy! Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of DS4 owners and enthusiasts.

We have a Citroen DS4 Gallery and all the latest Citroen DS4 News that is well worth checking out too.

Car cleaning weekend ahead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gazza8374 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza8374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car cleaning weekend ahead
    Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:19pm
Hi all
I'm giving the ds4 a complete wash and clean this weekend
Now with my car being metallic bronze what would be the best wax/polish to use to bring out the colour and give it long lasting shine and good protection.
Thank you
2012 bronze 1.6 thp200 Dsport
Sponsored Links

rovamota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rovamota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:37pm
Have you seen the weather? I wouldn't bother.
Ds4?🤔 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds4?🤔 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:27am
Just dont clean it over the winter and in the spring pay to have paint correction done so your cars nice and clean and sparkling for the summer!😉
RussDS4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussDS4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Gazza8374 Gazza8374 wrote:

Hi all
I'm giving the ds4 a complete wash and clean this weekend
Now with my car being metallic bronze what would be the best wax/polish to use to bring out the colour and give it long lasting shine and good protection.
Thank you

It depends how much you want to spend. You can get something simple Like a bottle of Turtle Wax for about £5 which does a decent job on any colour.

My top choices are Autoglym, Auto Finesse and Swissvax Thumbs Up
*** 1.6 Bluehdi 120 DS4 Crossback ***
Chris View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:43pm
Well...Where do we start?
Polish is for cleaning the pores of the paint and removing micro fine scratches either by hand or with a machine polisher
Wax is for protection against the elements and UV light
I use Sealants more than Wax now, both on our cars and my Clients'. then every wask add a QD spray or a Wet applied Sealant like Gyeon Wet Coat to maintain the protection almost indefinately
Garry...As youre in Leeds, and Im in Bingley, how about you bringing it here and we can do it together?...No charge. I have some Ceramic Wax, Carnuaba Waxes and Sealants to choose from
Platinum 2016 DS4 BlueHDi 150 S&S 6-speed manual Prestige
Forum Moderator & Car Detailer
PM me, if you would like to buy a forum Car Sticker/s
All transactions are via PayPal
Chris View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:45pm
BTW if youre on Facebook.......its:

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisRSValeting/

Gazza8374 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza8374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:29pm
Hi chris.
Thank you for your offer thats very kind of you,due to work i wont be able to get to you until the first weekend in march im afraid,i will be off work from Thursday 8th till the Sunday if that any good to you chris.i'll pm you my mobile number.
Thanks
Garry
2012 bronze 1.6 thp200 Dsport
Chris View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:27pm
Hi Garry
I'll ring you in March and see what the weather is up to
Hope to see you soon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic