FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Citroen DS4 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are a new site so don't be shy! Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of DS4 owners and enthusiasts.

We have a Citroen DS4 Gallery and all the latest Citroen DS4 News that is well worth checking out too.

Citroen DS4 2.0 HDi DStyle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Frank Bullitt View Drop Down
DS4 Pro
DS4 Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Bullitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 8:19pm
The 1.6 has a small sump and is intolerant of service intervals being stretched, the pre DS4 16v engine suffered more than the 8v but the issue still exists - again thy also need the injectors tightening regularly to avoid contamination of the oil; a car with robust injectors and annual/ 12,500 mike services should be fine.
Was; 2015 DS4 2.0HDi 'blue' 150 DSport in Babylon Red with black leather (not missed)
Was; 2013 DS4 1.6HDi 115 DStyle in Gris Aluminium with Sao cloth/ leather (sadly missed)
Sponsored Links

vexorg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vexorg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 1:14pm
Just on the handling side, I find becomes very unsettled if you hit a bump on a corner, and pull the steering. Difficult to describe, try it and see is the best option.
Mattr6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 3:11pm
So the 2.0 is more reliable then the 1.6?

Any issues with clutch, dmf, or turbos?
Bon69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bon69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:26pm
Just changed 2.0 dstyle to a 1.6 crossback, excellent dstyle you will not be disappointed as I wasn't.
DeuxChevaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeuxChevaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:55pm
I do wonder if I am driving the same car as everyone else. I had a 1.6hdi Dstyle egs which I have just replaced with a 2.o hdi 180bhp EAT6 auto Dstyle. 
Both cars handling was / is excellent, cornering ditto. EGS is a brilliant idea but is terribly let down by awful software. My earlier C4 EGS was superb but not the version fitted in the DS4. 2.0 auto is very impressive. Goes round corners fine, reasonable fuel (53.6 over first 900 miles, motorways and Cornwall holiday) handles rough (Norfolk) b roads fine. Power and acceleration fine. Perhaps I have a different car.
BTW I am keeping this one!
vexorg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vexorg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:20pm
I suppose it depends on what you are used to driving, sure a DS4 will handle great compared to a 2CV
Wink
Zingiber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zingiber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
Think it depends on what you're used to driving. I had no issues with the handling of my DS4, especially when compared to the C4 Cactus courtesy car I'm driving at the minute. But I've not driven something like a Ford Focus or a VW Golf which apparently handle well according to the motoring journos.

EDIT: Basically what Vex said haha.

Edited by Zingiber - 14 Jun 2018 at 12:43pm
2011 Citroën DS4 DSport - THP 200 Babylon Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic