Service Plans - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 14th December 2015, 15:26

Anyone take one out? Are they worth it do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 18th December 2015, 13:04
DCB
Groupie

Took one out to cover the first two years that I owned the car. It covered everything deven brake fluid change at two years. Seemed to be good value and offset the cost across the years instead of two service hits just when you don't want them.

Had an offer to continue with another plan but, might change car this year, so didn't take it up.

DS4 1.6HDI DStyle in Perla Nera Black
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 20th December 2015, 13:20

I've taken one out with mine, I figured, it's better to pay monthly than in one lump....

Steve
2007 C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive in <font color=\"#3300cc\">Mauritius Blue</font>
2015 DS4 1.6 DStyle eHDi in <font color=\"#999999\">Aluminium Grey</font>
Head Admin at www.C6Owners.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 19th January 2016, 12:55

My local Citroen dealer tried to sell me a 3 year service plan when I bought my car but I said I'd think about it. When I got home I totalled up what it would cost to have the equivalent services over the next 3 years and it worked out around 60 cheaper to do it this way. The next day the dealer called to ask if I decided what I wanted to do and when I explained it was cheaper to just book a service and bring it in he said yes but its for peace of mind. I said I'd rather pay 16 monthly into a savings account, earn interest on it and save a lot more than they were offering. He couldn't really argue that point and the conversation ended rather quickly.

You would have thought if they wanted you tied in to servicing your car over the next 3 years they'd offer you a better deal than just driving in off the street, doesn't make sense.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 19th January 2016, 18:07
Super Moderator

Garage

This what they do...Possibly on commission as wellThey offer these on the premise that most people will never check what it costs annually
Thanks for posting this
Good on you!!

Meteor Grey Mazda MX-5 ND 2.0 Sport Nav 2018
Emerald Blue Citroen Cactus 110 S&S Flair 2018
GONE: Platinum 2016 DS4 BlueHDi 150 S&S 6-speed manual Prestige 2016
Forum Moderator & Car Valeter & Detailer
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 19th January 2016, 21:39
DS4 Pro

It is important to know if the service plan offered is by the dealer franchise or not - Citroen offer a 3 year servicing package for 400 (or 11.11pcm) which is available up to 12 months from the cars purchase;

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-servi...e-plans#sticky

I wish I'd known, I would have bit their hands off.

Was; 2015 DS4 2.0HDi \'blue\' 150 DSport in Babylon Red with black leather (not missed)
Was; 2013 DS4 1.6HDi 115 DStyle in Gris Aluminium with Sao cloth/ leather (sadly missed)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 28th January 2016, 19:36
Groupie

Thanks for the link Frank, ours is due it's first service next month so will go for that, will call in and get it arranged, will let you know how I get on.

2015 DS4 DSport 160HDI, Pearl Nero Black with optional Red/Black leather and Sat Nav.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 28th January 2016, 20:57

I took out a 5 year service plan (the Citroen "Freedrive" version) when I bought my DS4. I know that if the car works just fine needing nothing else then regular basic service, then I will end up paying more.

Financially I estimated the annual service cost to be around GBP 300.- to GBP 350. The service plan is approx. GBP 30/month (9000 km/year version).

But being my very first Citroen I was still a bit nervous about quality, and as the car is loaded with stuff that could be costly to repair (in Denmark everything with cars is expensive), I looked at the service plan as an insurance policy. For the 5 year period I have factory warranty, full service (all over Europe) and a fixed easy to budget monthly cost. All I have to cover myself is new tires. The day I want to sell the car, I also think that it will be a plus to be able to say that it has full service history under a service contract.

DS4 1.6 THP200 Sport in Babylon RED
(2013 model)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 29th January 2016, 13:58

Bear in mind that IF for any reason you have to cancel the service plan, Citroen will want to charge you 3 monthly payments plus a 30 admin fee.........

Steve
2007 C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive in <font color=\"#3300cc\">Mauritius Blue</font>
2015 DS4 1.6 DStyle eHDi in <font color=\"#999999\">Aluminium Grey</font>
Head Admin at www.C6Owners.org
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 29th January 2016, 16:41

Well, there are differences between countries. According to my service agreement, I can cancel on a days notice without any expense.

DS4 1.6 THP200 Sport in Babylon RED
(2013 model)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page