My DS4 - Page 3 - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 6th April 2020, 13:13 Thread Starter
Groupie

Well got rid of the DS and went to the dark side and bought a Mercedes A Class AMG line just wanted a change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10th January 2021, 12:06

Hello everybody! Back again after so many time.
Greetings from Greece-Athens and my baby-Goddess.
Owned the car since December 2013 and until now it has 89900km without any problem. The car still looks great. It is a petrol 1.6 vti SoChic with 18" wheels. Recently (10 days ago) fitted with Kleber Dynaxer UHP 225/45 R18 which is I think an honest tire for its price. The car's only problem was the fading-peeling of both the rear door handles and they had replaced under guarantee. 90euros each one brand new.No cost for me. After 2 years and 2 hot greek summers again they faded. After discussion with my Citroen dealer I did not replace them but they painted at the same color with a cost of 130 euros both. Since then they are o.k. The only serious problem I have with this beauty is its stiff suspension and the very bad ride quality on Athens horrible roads full of bumps and potholes. The suspension does not absorb anything . It bounces abruptly with noises and cracks. The dealer says that everything is o.k. and solid made and the car is fully operable. Actually on open flat highways the car rides perfectly. Anybody can help or knows how to make the car more civilized in the city roads? I asked my dealer if we could replace its entire suspension or parts of it with C4's suspension elements which is much more civilized but they are not available to take such a risk. Does anybody here has an opinion? Thank you in advance and Happy New Year to all . Stay Safe away from Covid-19.

Last edited by ntzino; 10th January 2021 at 12:09.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 19th January 2021, 15:12

Garage
Hi everyone! New to this forum here, also excuse my subpar English - it's not my first language. Wishing you all a happy new 2021! Hopefully this year will be better than last.

Here is a picture of our 2012 DS4 we purchased in 2017, it's a 1.6L THP155 with the EGS6 auto tranny I believe. Our previous DD was a NA 2.0L Grand Vitara, so getting into the turbo DS4 has been a significant upgrade all-round. It is a blast to drive, although I feel the auto tranny doesn't respond well as I want sometimes. It has clocked over 70k kms now, and the only issues I've encountered are a faulty ABS sensor and a failed turbo @ 60k kms. So not too bad, hopefully this bad bugger will continue to impress in the days ahead!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190907_223128-01.jpg (452.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by asian_dad; 19th January 2021 at 15:19. Reason: More relevant info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page