Red Alloygators - Page 3 - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 20th July 2013, 19:02 Thread Starter

I think alloygator themselves charge less to have one of their guys do it for you.

--------------------------
Dsport 2.0
Shark Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th July 2013, 08:21
Groupie

These look good, but a little note from Alloygator themselves .....

Q. Can AlloyGator be used on Machine Polished/Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
The ""AlloyGator"" alloy wheel rim protectors are not recommended for machine polished or diamond cut alloy wheels. Although fitting the product will provide superior protection against kerb damage, due to existing imperfections in the lacquered wheel surface our product may increase the risk of moisture retention and accelerate wheel degradation. Providing there is no minute damage to the wheel surface, fitting the "AlloyGator" wheel rim protectors will not cause damage on its own, however AlloyGator Limited accepts no liability if the product when fitted causes such damage.

As I mentioned on a post about fixing scuffed wheels, diamond cut wheels are VERY prone to corrosion as the protective lacquer just does not adhere well to the metal surface. So using these protectors (which are good and I am looking into supply and fit for customers in my area to complement my current business) could, as they say, accelerate corrosion, especially if there is the start of corrosion on the edge already (and while I was wandering around the car lot waiting for salesman last week, I would say around 90% of cars had the start of corrosion damage (including BRAND NEW ones!!)
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 5th October 2013, 22:50
Groupie

I would always wax my wheels with heavy duty wax that lasts about 6 months on normal wheels, once behind the AlloyGator the chances of it actually holding moisture and degrading I would have thought would be near impossible as the wax will not get attacked by the harsh elements like it would on the bare surface.

I am going to get a set of these but can't decide it I want black or silver, need to see some up close but the coloured ones I have seen on DS3's in the garage looked really good on the wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page