Front shocks - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 8th June 2018, 21:25 Thread Starter

Hi guys and gals. Am having a major issue with a nasty rattling sound from the front right of the car when I'm on full lock left.
Had been informed (by citroen no less) that it was the lower ball joints, so I changed them. It didn't work!
Then I was informed (by citroen again) that it was the upper right engine mount, so I changed it. It hasn't worked again.
Have been informed now by a very mechanically minded friend that it sounds like it could be either the shock absorbers or the shock mounts. Unfortunately the top of the shock is hidden by an annoying piece of plastic under the windscreen. Does anyone know if this comes out on is own or if the windscreen has to come with it. If anyone has done this repair themselves how much of a b1tch is it to do? I really don't fancy forking out 400+ for citroen to fix it and it not work! Any help is most appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 9th June 2018, 15:06
Super Moderator

The plastic scuttle panel comes away to give access to the strut tops.
I had to replace the shock when I was doing the strut top bearing as the small hex keyway broke when trying to undo the nut on the top.

The nut on the top is 21mm, you need a deep swan neck ring spanner, not very common I found out.

I went the whole hog and replaced shocks, springs, bearings and all as I was planning to keep the car for a while and didn't want to go back in there for some time.

Photos from mine here: https://www.ds4ownersclub.co.uk/forum...302.html#18302

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page