Bluetooth Issue - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 7th February 2019, 20:17 Thread Starter

Bluetooth Issue

Just brought a 2012 DS4 I am having some issues with the Bluetooth, got my phone connected but after about 10 seconds it disconnects, I then have to click menu, got to Bluetooth connection, connection management, click my iPhone then click connect telephone, it then connects for about 10 seconds then goes off again.

Also yesterday managed to ring someone it just said dialling on the screen and froze of that, radio didn’t even go off when I switched engine off and locked doors, I have to disconnect my bluetooth.

Also the audio via Bluetooth music is very fuzzy/tinny?

Any ideas would be great.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th February 2019, 17:41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameswcooper View Post
Just brought a 2012 DS4 I am having some issues with the Bluetooth, got my phone connected but after about 10 seconds it disconnects, I then have to click menu, got to Bluetooth connection, connection management, click my iPhone then click connect telephone, it then connects for about 10 seconds then goes off again.

Also yesterday managed to ring someone it just said dialling on the screen and froze of that, radio didn’t even go off when I switched engine off and locked doors, I have to disconnect my bluetooth.

Also the audio via Bluetooth music is very fuzzy/tinny?

Any ideas would be great.

Thank you.

Hi James, i also have a 2012 DS4 and mine is exactly the same, phone for calls and phone for music both initially connect but after around 10(ish) seconds the phone for calls part drops out. I'm guessing that you have an iPhone? as this is a common issue for all 2012 DS4/DS3 (possibly more).

It started with iOS 11, Apple made an update and now it is incompatible. I have given up trying to fix it and will be buying an android head unit from iceboxauto. (they only do LHD models but are easy to convert to RHD by cutting a bit of plastic.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th February 2019, 18:50 Thread Starter

Hi Kirk,

Yes you are correct regarding iPhone, I called apple up and they did a Bluetooth diagnostic and said that the DS4 radio needs a firmware update from the manufacturer, my partner has an iPhone (not updated, still running iOS 10) and works fine, only had the car 2 days and having no hands free is annoying.

I am getting it booked in with Citreon hopefully they have an update for the radio.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th February 2019, 20:32

Garage
Quote:
Hi Kirk,

Yes you are correct regarding iPhone, I called apple up and they did a Bluetooth diagnostic and said that the DS4 radio needs a firmware update from the manufacturer, my partner has an iPhone (not updated, still running iOS 10) and works fine, only had the car 2 days and having no hands free is annoying.

I am getting it booked in with Citreon hopefully they have an update for the radio.

James

Let me know if that works, others have said they tried and some Citroen garages say there is no firmware update available.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 22:45 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Let me know if that works, others have said they tried and some Citroen garages say there is no firmware update available.
Will do Kirk, booked in with Citreon on 27th Feb.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 16th February 2019, 10:13

Garage
Quote:
I've set a reminder to check this post ;-)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 21st June 2020, 08:55

Quote:
Hi Kirk,

James
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Quote:
I've set a reminder to check this post ;-)
looks like this never was resolved I just bought ds4 in 6/2020 and same prob . Only thing is that if it worked with iOS 10 then surely it’s the apple updates that are the problem and not the ds4 firmware ???
Have I missed an updated solution anywhere
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 30th June 2020, 05:22

Maybe this post is dead .. but I have solution, Just in case anyone still has a DS4 With this Connection problem . I stumbled on this... When my iPhone 7 is connected to my smartwatch , a W34 , an inexpensive but well made functional watch (18 On eBay ) , the ds4 Bluetooth stays connected fine with my phone. Because Bluetooth devices constantly search for another device , it seems that the poor connection between the Iphone and the ds4 is “kept awake “ by the watch. Try it by taking any other Bluetooth device you have with you In the car. Don’t be surprised if you have a 400 Apple Watch and It doesn’t make any difference. (But It may do ) Hope this may help somebody .
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 30th June 2020, 09:52
Super Moderator

Never had any issue like that with my old iphone 6S or current XR, dont think it's an apple issue

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page