Car won't start, says engine fault - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 1st December 2019, 22:36 Thread Starter

Hi all, ds4 crossback 2016, decided out of the blue not to start, screen says engine fault, just won't tick over at all, there is power in the car because all the lights and stereo works fine, did a diagnosis and comes up with no faults, the aa came out and got it working by putting his jumper starter onto it, but he is as baffled as us because there is power and now it is doing same thing, any ideas cheers

Last edited by [email protected]; 1st December 2019 at 22:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 1st December 2019, 23:44
Super Moderator

What engine?

David
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2019, 12:08

Garage
Need to plug in a code reader and find out the fault code really. Engine fault is just the generic message it shows up for all faults.

Currently: 2017 Jaguar XE R-Sport 25t - Caesium Blue
Previously: 2011 CitroŽn DS4 DSport THP 200 - Babylon Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2019, 14:05
Super Moderator

Usually the AA have a code reader they can stick on

David
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2019, 20:21 Thread Starter

I have a Bluetooth diagnosis machine and no fault codes found, I put a new battery in today and still said same thing, I got it jump started thinking maybe the new battery was a little on the low side and went to start car again tonight and still same thing, it's a 1.6 adblue diesel
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th December 2019, 13:55 Thread Starter

Need help, Citroen usless, battery fully charged, but will only turn over if jump started
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th December 2019, 14:38
Super Moderator

Have you checked the voltage on the battery when running? sounds like an alternator issue.

Do a voltage test of engine off, engine running, engine running at 2000rpm, and with everything turned on and engine running at 2000rpm. Post up the results.

David
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th December 2019, 14:46
YOG

As it's Start/Stop, did you fit the correct type of battery, and follow the procedure for disconnection and re-connection? A new battery should be fully charged, not partially, before installing.
https://www.ds4ownersclub.co.uk/foru...ry-change.html

Cactus Flair 2019, PureTech 1.2 S&S 110 EAT6 auto. Pearl White with Black "Cross" Alloy Wheels.
DS4 Crossback 1.6 diesel - Gone
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th December 2019, 21:01 Thread Starter

That system on how to change the battery is a load of nonsense, never heard of such a thing, you turn the car off and disconnect the battery, replace battery and the memory on ECU does the rest,

Not meaning to sound rude but, Citroen are trying to charge me £144 just to look at the car, I have put obd reader on the car and comes back with no faults, so can't be any sensors, battery is fully charged, was doing same thing with the old battery, stick a starter pack on the car and starts first time, but when you stop and eco mode kicks in back to the same issue, so have to jump start it again, if alternator then wouldn't charge battery and would end up with no lights or mobiliser etc working, has to be something simple and just need some who knows about ds4 who will know without charging me for telling me issue
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th December 2019, 21:06 Thread Starter

Does anyone know if it could be something to do with the earth wire, starting to think it might be something to do with that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page