Engine fault message - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 6th May 2020, 18:47 Thread Starter

Unhappy Engine fault message

Hi, I am new to the group and really hope someone can give me some advice, or point me in the right direction . I am a 63 year old female, which I feel always puts me at a disadvantage when having problems with a car. I have had my DS4 since 2014, it is a 2012 model, diesel, and has always been a trouble free car till now - during lockdown! It has only done 48000 miles. It started with the ESP/ASR fault light coming on, sometimes all of the time, sometimes it went off during the journey. At the same time the car wouldn't start, the indicator light panel would flash, and turning the ignition key just made a clicking sound. When I got the breakdown out, they said there was a loose connection on my battery, fixed that, and the car started. Then I had my front brakes replaced - all seemed well. Now the car won't start again, but there is no loose connection on the battery? There is also a knocking I can feel through the steering. I have got a horrible feeling that this is going to be expensive, and I really can't afford it. Please ... can anyone help or advise? Thanks Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 7th May 2020, 18:32
Super Moderator

Being female or 63 is really no excuse.

The ABS error may have been the battery. A weak battery can do strange things on modern cars.

The knock is something you'd need to hear in person.
Do you know anyone locally that knows about cars?
Where do you stay?

David
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 7th May 2020, 21:58 Thread Starter

Hi David,
The breakdown came out and jump started the car, tested the battery, and said it was fine.
He said not using the car for long journeys was causing the problem, but we are in a lockdown, essential travel only.
I have the car booked into a garage recommended by a friend, to have the knocking looked at.
I am starting some voluntary work delivering food parcels and NHS supplies next week, so fingers crossed it's not a big problem.
I live in Manchester.
Regards
Sue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page