water ingress - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th December 2020, 17:44 Thread Starter

water ingress

I've recently purchased a 2012 DS4 1.6 Diesel AU62UPD. I noticed the rear drivers footwell was wet. I think this is a door seal issue as it doesn't quite feel right towards the bottom end. Today however after a 6 mile run with the heater and air con on i have noticed the drivers side front footwell is wet also. Where is the Air Con drain located? i took the side panel of the center console off and found a long black flexible pipe that goes from the white box section to a black square connected to the floor under the carpet. This was all intact. I ran the engine with Aircon on and the temp set to "LO". nothing dripped from where the pipe connects to the white box, it was blowing air a little though. I then looked for the bung on the scuttle drain by removing the front wheel and plastic surround...... It appears this model doesn't have a bung, just a hole so water drains away behind the plastic arch surround. i poured water on the windscreen and it ran out both sides near the front wheels. Any ideas why the front footwell is wet????? All i can think of is Aircon drainage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th December 2020, 17:15
Super Moderator

If you are in the UK then you may not see much in these temperatures.

More likely to be the scuttle drains blocked. Or if the water smells like coolant then it'll be heater matrix.

David
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th January 2021, 16:12

Did you manage to sort the problem out as I have a 2012 DS4 that my daughter is using that has damp throughout I cant find any leek any where scuttle is going to be my next mision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th January 2021, 11:34
Super Moderator

IF the car is not used much in winter, especially under lockdown, then dampness can build up. Taking it for a run and letting it get up to full temperature will help, even just the air flow through the car will help.

David
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th January 2021, 11:51 Thread Starter

hi guys,
its not damp in the footwell. it's wet.... if i press down, water surrounds my finger tips. i have pulled the carpet up and its soaking. Doesn't smell... looked at the scuttle drains, i expected some kind of rubber bung, but there is nothing. just a hole that i think the washer pipe passes through. (a big hole, possibly an inch wide.... water poured through the plastic grill at the base of the windscreen passes straight out behind the front wheel near the mudguard, from behind the plastic wheel arch housing. The cabin filter is dry, so its not getting in there either??
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th January 2021, 13:27 Thread Starter

What is this please under the soaking wet carpet and foam?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210117_113940_1610886395188.jpg (260.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20210117_113848_1610886419990.jpg (226.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20210117_113831_1610886438228.jpg (247.6 KB, 4 views)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th January 2021, 11:00
Super Moderator

Looks like a drain of some kind.

I was refering to Pinnermarks comments when mentioning the dampness.

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page