Upgrading Interior/Exterior Lighting - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 4th February 2016, 19:03 Thread Starter

I'm in the process of upgrading my lighting to LED and thought some of you may like to know what I've used in the event you'd wish to do the same.

I've already changed my DRL's, Front + Rear Indicators, Brake, Reversing, Number Plate and Boot lights to LED and my Main/Dipped to Philips White Vision Halogens.

DRL's -380 P21/5W White 60W CREE-XBD SMD 12*5W Canbus LED - From Hids Direct
Front Indicators - 435/BAY9S/H21W CREE LED 50W WHITE - From Horizon LED's
Rear Indicators -581 Twenty20 Cree LED 12V PY21W Canbus Amber Bayonet Bulb - From Auto Bulbs Direct
Reversing Lights -382 Twenty20 LED 12V P21W Bayonet Bulb White- From Auto Bulbs Direct
Brake Lights -382 Twenty20 Cree LED 12V P21W Canbus Bayonet Bulb Red- From Auto Bulbs Direct
Front Footwells/Glovebox - T10 CAR BULBS LED ERROR FREE CANBUS SMD COB<b style="font-family: 'Helvetica neue', Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;">WHITE and BLUE[/b]W5W 501 - eBay
Boot + Number Plate -Citroen Bright Canbus LED Number Plate 501 W5W 5 SMD White Bulbs Xenon - eBay

Please note that my manual states brake light as P21/5W, luckily I checked and its the same as the reversing light, P21W.

I've also changed the headlights full/dipped H1/H7 to Philips White Vision, cheapest was from Amazon, they're a goodimprovement on the originals but no where near the colour of Xenons.

Hope this helps anyone considering doing the same,I'mextremely happy with the results. I'lltake pictures when the weather improves.

Edited by: Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 5th February 2016, 09:51

Thanks very useful information. Mods can we make this a stickie
Done..Chris

Edited by: Chris
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 6th February 2016, 21:08 Thread Starter

I managed to get out, in-between the pouring rain, to change the front footwell bulbs -T10 CAR BULBS LED ERROR FREE CANBUS SMD COB<b style="font-family: 'Helvetica neue', Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;">BLUE[/b]W5W 501's. Thought they looked pretty good, gives nice ambient lighting which matches my display colour set-up, although they weren't a perfect fit, had to fiddle about a bit.

Edited by: Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 6th February 2016, 21:22 Thread Starter

Here's a pic of the Philips White Vision, not the ideal time, I'll take more detailed pictures when I get a chance, preferably in daylight.

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 8th February 2016, 11:04

I really think the blue foot well light looks really good, I may steal that.

The headlights are really bright white , cant knock them , useful for the links too

thanks!
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 8th February 2016, 17:42

Hi my car had Xenons but i changed all other lights to LED several years ago.

Small tip if you change your driving lights to bright LEDs then the normal LED indicator lights at front are not that visible. I had to update to some CREE ones to make them clearly visible over the driving lights - just be warned.

DickyG
DS4 160HDI Sport (blown-197bhp!)
What happened, happened, because it could not happen any other way.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 8th February 2016, 17:52 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeG89
I really think the blue foot well light looks really good, I may steal that.

The headlights are really bright white , cant knock them , useful for the links too

thanks!

I think the picture of the headlights exaggerates the brightness, they're brighter but not blinding

Yes I really like the blue led's, really stands out upon entering/exiting the car.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 16th April 2016, 10:27

Hello Peter, thanks for your tips there buddy. Would you mind posting a pic of your vehicle in normal daylight conditions showing the DLRs and the sidelamps (boomerang) both on please? I want to change my DRLs to same you used but want to get an idea of how it looks with the sidelamps on. Cheers.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 18th July 2016, 09:41 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnco
Hello Peter, thanks for your tips there buddy. Would you mind posting a pic of your vehicle in normal daylight conditions showing the DLRs and the sidelamps (boomerang) both on please? I want to change my DRLs to same you used but want to get an idea of how it looks with the sidelamps on. Cheers.

Oops! Only just seen this and I guess a little late to reply, did you upgrade?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 21st August 2016, 08:07

Hi Peter,

How are the LED DRL/sidelights working for you?
Just received mine but one is broken, wondering if this is my bad luck or if the quality is not too good?

Best regards,

Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page