Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Badge engineering.

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Zingiber 
#1 ·
Some might like the discretion of not having any badges on their car denoting power and trim, but I decided to knock something up at work to see how it looks. I chose the Rage Italic font for this sticker.

Keep it or pick it off and bin it?

Edited by: rovamota

See less See more
#4 ·
Badge engineering is a bit of fun, so thumbs up from me.

Back in the 80's I fell in love with the Peugeot 309, I wanted a 5 door GTi but in the 1600 form just in the same way the 205 had the two engine sizes. So as the 1.6 GTi engine was in the SRi I bought one, and had the car de-badged by the dealer, but adding GTi rear spoiler, front end treatment and wheels.

For the badging I re-applied the Peugeot badge as standard but on the right I had 309 badge trimmed to butt up to a (405)Mi-16 badge. I added a Ford Scorpio '4x4' badge below the off-side rear light cluster and the (405) '16v' script on the rear wings at the end of the stripe, just like Peugeot did.

Hey presto a Peugeot 309 GTi Mi-16 4x4 which when asked I explained as being the factory pre-production special that Peugeot made ahead of the release of the 405 version

Make the image subtle enough, with the story 'well it could actually be true' and you are off for years of amuzement

DSport 160

#5 ·
I still have plenty of Club window stickers available

#10 ·
I thought something needed to be done to those blank, silver badges on the speaker grills which look a little naff.
What do you think ?

I found a guy online offering nice looking chrome effect logo stickers that were just the size I was after so for under $20, the grills are now "enhanced'.
Super easy to do.

Stage 2 will be installing some Pioneer separates, something likeTS-D65C's or if I have to, TS-A1606 (lower cost units) as I'm really just looking to clean up the sound by getting rid of some of the muddy mid and lower frequencies. I hate removing door panels and these DS ones look like they'll be challenging !!
I've also been toying with installing one of the small Pioneer sub's,TS-WX210A, in the rear to further separate out the frequencies. Who knows, maybe that'll come first if it's easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.