Citroen DS4 Forums - View Single Post - Engine fault message
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th May 2020, 19:47 Thread Starter
SueB

Unhappy Engine fault message

Hi, I am new to the group and really hope someone can give me some advice, or point me in the right direction . I am a 63 year old female, which I feel always puts me at a disadvantage when having problems with a car. I have had my DS4 since 2014, it is a 2012 model, diesel, and has always been a trouble free car till now - during lockdown! It has only done 48000 miles. It started with the ESP/ASR fault light coming on, sometimes all of the time, sometimes it went off during the journey. At the same time the car wouldn't start, the indicator light panel would flash, and turning the ignition key just made a clicking sound. When I got the breakdown out, they said there was a loose connection on my battery, fixed that, and the car started. Then I had my front brakes replaced - all seemed well. Now the car won't start again, but there is no loose connection on the battery? There is also a knocking I can feel through the steering. I have got a horrible feeling that this is going to be expensive, and I really can't afford it. Please ... can anyone help or advise? Thanks Sue

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome