DS4 media issues - Citroen DS4 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 13th May 2020, 10:34 Thread Starter

DS4 media issues

Helo all, im new to forums and after a bit of advice. I have not long had my DS4 and i aboslutely love it, probably one of the nicest cars ive ever owned. My bluetooth has always been a bit hit and miss and constantly disconnects itself for no reason (only connects for around 20 seconds), this was a small issue but something i could get by with as i just started to use the AUX port. However 2 days a go my AUX decided to stop working (tried multiple cables), my music plays on the phone but with no sound from the speakers and the screen just says there is no aux sound. On top of all this my "Media menu" with the choices of bluetooth, cd, aux etc is just greyed out and does not let me sekect any options.

Has anyone else had these issues and does anyone know of any fixes? I hope all this makes sense as im starting to get irritated with the situation.

thanks guys, appreciate all the replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 14th May 2020, 09:32
Groupie

How old is your DS4, it could mean a trip to the dealer. (which may be difficult currently)

I'm assuming there's no difference when you turn off the engine then start again. What is the full model/trim of your DS4.?

Previous Citroens, GS Hatch, GS Estate, DS Special, GSA Hatch, BX, Xantia & C4 1.6 Petrol 05 SX Hatchback. Now DS4 Prestige 210.(2016)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 14th May 2020, 10:07 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilp View Post
How old is your DS4, it could mean a trip to the dealer. (which may be difficult currently)

I'm assuming there's no difference when you turn off the engine then start again. What is the full model/trim of your DS4.?
Its a 12 plate, 2.0 HDi DSport. Turning the engine on and off makes no difference unfortunately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 15th May 2020, 12:07
Groupie

I'm not familiar enough with the 2012 model to know what your entertainment system is. (mine is a 2016 DS4) I thought I might be able to help base on what I have.
Sorry about that. Perhaps someone else will know.

Previous Citroens, GS Hatch, GS Estate, DS Special, GSA Hatch, BX, Xantia & C4 1.6 Petrol 05 SX Hatchback. Now DS4 Prestige 210.(2016)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 17th May 2020, 16:17
Super Moderator

Is it a satnav version? They have different head units. I've for the satnav one and never had any issue with bluetooth. I've read the non-satnav one isn't great and a bit flaky.

David
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 18th May 2020, 15:56 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexorg View Post
Is it a satnav version? They have different head units. I've for the satnav one and never had any issue with bluetooth. I've read the non-satnav one isn't great and a bit flaky.
Yeah its the satnav version, although the satnav is quite dated as well to be honest.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 18th May 2020, 19:58
Super Moderator

I updated the firmware and maps on mine, you can find them for free if you search the internet, or buy them off some ripoff merchant on the facebook DS4 page.

David
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 19th May 2020, 10:22 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexorg View Post
I updated the firmware and maps on mine, you can find them for free if you search the internet, or buy them off some ripoff merchant on the facebook DS4 page.
How were you able to do that? I've been looking on how to but seem to only find people saying I'll have to take it to the garage to do it.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 19th May 2020, 19:45
Super Moderator

I found this is a very useful forum for updates: https://www.gpspower.net/

David
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 19th May 2020, 19:48
Super Moderator

The firmware update is really needed as it lets you use full UK postcodes

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Citroen DS4 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page