Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum just a quick question as I have just purchased a 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSign 5dr 2014. Just wanting to clarify that this model has the start/stop Eco mode. I currently get a little green flash saying Eco when I stop but never have a stop of the engine. If anyone can help its would be much appreciated ˜ƒ‘�

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I have a new 2016 Crossback with Stop & Start and it took me a while to get used to it and to understand when it would and wouldn't stop the engine.

You don't say if you have a manual or auto gearbox as it behaves slightly differently for each i.e. you need to be in Neutral with the clutch released if manual, and have your foot on the brake or have the gear selector in N if an automatic.

There's quite a long list of situations where the start/stop won't work, and I've copied and pasted this from my manual:

STOP mode is not invoked when:
- the vehicle is on a steep slope (up or down),
- the driver's door is open,
- the driver's seat belt is not fastened,
- the vehicle has not exceeded 6 mph (10 km/h)
since the last engine start (using the key or the
"START/STOP" button),
- the electric parking brake is applied or being
applied,
- the engine is needed to maintain a comfortable
temperature in the passenger compartment,
- demisting is active,

-some special conditions (battery charge,
engine temperature, braking assistance,
ambient temperature...) where the engine is
needed to assure control of a system.

In this case, the "ECO" warning lamp
flashes for a few seconds, then goes
off.

By habit I used to apply the handbrake when stopped at traffic lights or in heavy traffic until I discovered that was the primary reason for my car engine not stopping as expected.

I hope this info helps!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take it for a good run 20 miles or so over 50mph, if you still get the green flasing eco light go back to your dealer as probably needs a new battery or software update.

I had the same issue with my old 2011 1.6 e-hdi ds4, was only 1 year old at the time and it was down to a poor battery. The stop start batteries are over £100. After a lot of argi-bargi they replaced it foc 'as a gesture of good will' ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts