Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200bhp white DS4 with 19" low profiles and have just completed 35,000 miles, the rears went at 21,000 miles with the inside of both looking bad, could have been pressures? but the front have just reached the marker well one has at 35,000 so both will need replacing, has anyone else had experience with 19" low profiles

·
Registered
472 Posts
I haven't replaced any yet but hope mine last as long as yours

·
Registered
94 Posts
Standard tyres should last 20k+ on the front and double that on the back with a front wheel drive car, of course that's if you drive normally rather than if you have an excessive load day to day.

If it was the inside looking bad compared to the rest then that would suggest wheel alignment and I'd get it checked out ASAP

Edited by: Newkiebrown

·
Registered
578 Posts
citroenwrc said:
I have a 200bhp white DS4 with 19" low profiles and have just completed 35,000 miles, the rears went at 21,000 miles with the inside of both looking bad, could have been pressures? but the front have just reached the marker well one has at 35,000 so both will need replacing, has anyone else had experience with 19" low profiles

You are very fortunate to get 35000 miles out of those 19". Did you buy the car from new?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it was the first 200bhp in the country picked it up from Citroen Slough, 90% of my mileage is on European motorways so the front tyres do not do much cornering but still pleased with the front tyres..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i've blown your theory out of the window then lol as I only me and my wife and two suit cases''
but I will be watching the rears from now on..

·
Registered
551 Posts
That's good wear for the front tyresI got about half that out of mine
Replaced all four of mine a few months ago ££££

Hope they last until trade in time

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, when did you get your DS4? I'm in your neck of the woods and picked up my DSPORT 29th July 2011 from Bollingmores in Ashford (Middlesex). It's Babylon red and I mostly motor around M25, M40, M4 and M3. It was months until I saw another one on the road. Sam

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Sam, I reckon mine was on the same boat as yours lol they told me it was the first in the country but when it came into the country I do not know? We spend a lot of time abroad (pleasure) so I could not pick it up until 4th August I was asked to go to Citroen's head office at Slough and was presented with the keys by Charles Peugeot Head of Citroen had a nice day..it is white. The reason I think for the good mileage on the tyres is most of my journey's are on continental motorways so no stress on them, the only journey's I do in the UK really is from the Channel Tunnel to my home in Essex, where my wife's C3 takes over..You are so right they are as rare as hens teeth and wherever I park it gets second and third looks, 35,000 miles later I still love it..

Ian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guessed that, but the difference between my journeys 90% auto route and say my wife's C3 up and down a mountain every day in the heat of Spain then the difference between say Michelin and some cheap made in China would make a massif difference which is why charts like AA are not a real guide, but I agree with you the wear on the rear looks like an alignment issue but on a new car it's not a thing you check, but I will.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
citroenwrc said:

Thats one hell of a good mileage for these cars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
citroenwrc said:

Just wondered if you'd had the car from new? I was just thinking the rears going sooner could be because the fronts were swapped to the back and so it looks like the rear have worn out faster when in fact it was just the fronts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts