DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a space saver spare for THP200 with 19" wheels.Citroen don't do one,they only do an 18".Would it be that bad for a limp home wheel?
When I had my DS3 I went to the breakers and bought one off a C3 that fitted, does anyone know of a compatible wheel that I could get from a breakers that would fit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car has just been recalled because, apparently, the 18" space saver does not fit on the front wheels. So, bizarrely, I have a compressor kit to use for a front wheel puncture and a space saver to use for a rear wheel puncture...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 18" space saver would still be fine as long as the overall diameter is roughly the same as the 19" alloys that have lower profile tyres. You are normally limited to 90KPH or 50ish MPH on space savers so the car will not fall apart if you need to use it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the repliesI was told by a dealer that an 18" space saver wouldn't fit because of clearance issues with the brake calipers?Are the front calipers bigger than the rear?
Vdbergwouter, do you have the DSport?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi chud786,I have a DS4 DStyle with the 19 rims and was suprised to see it has a space saver in the boot (it was a dealer demo) I will look to see what size it is!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well just as well I checked!!

The space saver is a Continental T 125/85 R16 99 M Tubeless CST 17 !!!!!! All I know is when placed next to the existing wheels its a lot smaller! Looks like I need to call Citroen. In the mean time I have added a can of tyre repair to the boot! Sorry looks like I was a dead end!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate!Thanks for looking,16" will never clear my calipers,the discs are 340mm plus the caliper!
Price you pay for having a DSport I suppose,but an issue Citroen should haveaddressed on their
"premium brand DS range"

·
Registered
23 Posts
@chud786 apologies for only replying now. Yup, mine is the DSport 200THP. I may have the recall letter at home with the ref # that the dealership used to issue the compressor kit to replace the space saver - ill check and let you know.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers vdbergwouter

I've actually got 2 compressor kits,1 from my DS3,redundant after I bought a spare wheel,and 1 that came with the DS4
I've got a kerb mark on the front wheel that "just appeared from knowhere??" but I can't get it refurbed because I haven't got a spare to put on while it's away.
So annoying

Come on Citroen get your act together!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vdbergwouter said:
We have them, and potholes, but we avoid them.

So do I!
Like I said it just appeared from nowhere,my wife has no idea how it got there

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's why I questioned it
If you let them drive it once there is no going back

Should have put my foot down from day one.
(Note to self)Stop living in a dream world

1 - 20 of 20 Posts