Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mainly a question for others, I'm not expecting a resolution.

I first noticed on 29 Sept 2020 during a relatively short journey that my 7" screen restarted. I kept an eye on it the next day but is was okay until I went out at night again. Since then it has got progressively worse and now restarts around every 10 minutes whether during the day or night.
I've reset to factory defaults and rescanned the DAB stations, still the same. Currently the system is unusable for music, satnav etc.

It goes in to the dealer on Thursday to see what they have to say.

So I wondered if any other DS4 owners had see anything similar. There are posts on other forums for the C4 Picasso and C4 Cactus all apparently 2016 vehicles.
Cactus https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7108

C4 Picasso Forums / C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues / Touchscreen keeps restarting - C4 - DS4 Owners

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Neil,

I had exactly the same issue the day after we purchased our 2016 DS4.
It was resetting around 20 x per hour and was totally unusable !

Returned it to dealer the next day.. it was a firmware /software issue that they fixed under warranty.
Had a courtesy car for 48 hours while they did it though !

Since then I have successfully uploaded new maps and speed camera's etc..and it's been ok
Personally I wouldn't mess around with the firmware, reports of units being bricked afterwards.

Map upgrades work fine, and bring postcode functionality too, though have to say the general system is pants, say compared to even a simple Tom Tom.
The dealer should be able to sort it, though no idea of the cost!

Cheers
Stevie B

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a software update today and had to pay for the privilege, even though I had paid for Extended Warranty. The garage told me software wasn't covered, I'm going to follow that up and see.

Good news all seems well, so far at least. Software date is 16/06/2017 now so it's obvious they don't complete any updates when the car goes for a service. I bought it in March 2017 and it's been in every year since.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine has been doing it recently, as it’s going in for a service Monday I decided to call my dealer, he said it is a know problem and needs a software update not covered by warranty, it will take .6 of an hour, £75.

Is it something PSA built in enabling the dealers to make a few £’s?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some good news, the Citroen extended warranty company have agreed with me that the update (including the use of the dealer system) is covered by their warranty, as it was part of a diagnosed fault. The £99 is to be refunded.

I would query it to see what they say when you get there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They did check the year of manufacture and said it was out of warranty. I replied to your post on C4 Owners.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All is working well Keith.

·
Registered
2015 DS DS4 Crossback 1.6 Bluehdi
33 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread Neil, I was trawling through the net and noticed that on the performance line spec DS4’s the Sat nav seems to be using Tom Tom maps well looking at the attached it does. The layout of the system looks different also.

I’ve attached my firmware version which seems to be the most up to date but my sat nav layout looks old and boring. Neil is yours like the attached after the updates?

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ah so the above is using Citroen Connect Nav, my current system is not compatible 😢 looks like I will be sticking with Google maps via CarPlay.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I believe you are right, that system version is the same as mine (after my update) and is Connect Nav. The Tom Tom system was applicable a year on two after my build, either 2017 or 2018. (or so the garage told me when I bought my car)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes I believe you are right, that system version is the same as mine (after my update) and is Connect Nav. The Tom Tom system was applicable a year on two after my build, either 2017 or 2018. (or so the garage told me when I bought my car)
Thank you Neil for getting back to me mate, I wonder what parts will be needed to get the Tom Tom system working in our cars as the standard system is pants.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Neil for getting back to me mate, I wonder what parts will be needed to get the Tom Tom system working in our cars as the standard system is pants.
I don't know for sure but I'd suspect different hardware is used for the Tom Tom system based system. I can't even begin to guess what would need changing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks again Neil, looks like I’ll need a new head unit (RNEG2 RT6 Wip Nav+)

Load of messing about, I’ll stick with what I’ve got and carry on with the list of mods I want done 😎

I don't know for sure but I'd suspect different hardware is used for the Tom Tom system based system. I can't even begin to guess what would need changing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts