Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New on this forum but been a big part of other forums/clubs for years.

I currently own and DS3 R Cabrio (one of 5 in UK) and love it to bits as a daily for the 10 mile work commute. I also have a Citroen C1 as a track car.

After being made redundant in December I have a new job (Mercades F1) which is now 40 miles each way commute (1600 miles a month)

So I have been looking to sell the C1 (about £1K) and purchase a DS4 for a bit more practicality for daily use and holidays leaving the Racing Cabrio for Road trips, Shows and Weekend blasts in the sun (if we see that in the UK)

So I've started looking and want to spend a little as possible but wanting a diesel DS4 Auto or Manual to use as the work horse.

I think I have narrowed this down to the DS4 Dstyle 1.6 e-hdi. Now does this only come as Auto (Seen some issues with the EGS on here, but father has had a C4 GP with EGS for 6 years with no issue) or can it found with manual, or any other specs recommended. Here is a short lists of musts and like to haves

MUST
45+ MGP combined
Auto Lights/Wipers
110 bhp+

Like to have
Leather
Sat Nav
Xenon

Let me know what you guys recommends and any items you would recommends for longer trips and options to stay away from :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome!

The e-HDi refers to stop-start being fitted to the car which was fitted from summer 2013. The 1.6 HDi was initially 110bhp but then updated to 115bhp, both are the 8v engine which has more reliable injectors (a failing on the 16v unit that pre-dates it) and 6-speed manual or EGS; as you know with your Dad's EGS C4 GP it can be a superb reliable unit but there are too many stories of them going badly wrong due to output shaft bearings failing. The 1.6HDi needs servicing on the dot at 12 months or 12.5k.

The DStyle is a decent spec and hits all your wants but you'll struggle to find one with Xenon's and leather (you will find them with sat nav from time to time) - don't discount the 2.0HDi in either auto or manual though as economy wise it's not much less economical and the engine isn't so fastidious about servicing, plus you will find earlier DSport's with all the goodies you are looking for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response

I'm seeing lots of e-hdi from 2011 as these mis advertised or so they have start/stop? from anyone on here, what sort of milage have you got up to and any issues to watch out for? Extra wear items?

12 month service is not to much of an issue as i'm used to it on previous cars. I would like the 2.0 but the increased cost of Dsports are putting out of the cheap price range.

Any idea of a service cost for a 1.6/2.0?

·
Registered
544 Posts
The e-HDi is PSA's nomenclature for stop-start; it's only mid 2013 onwards cars that have this (ours is registered June 2013 and doesn't); economy-wise ours is a bad example as my wife commutes 2 miles each way so 40mpg is normal, but on a run we easily get 52-55mpg.

Servicing from Citroen dealers on cars over 3 years old is covered under Citroen's value servicing offers;

http://info.citroen.co.uk/servicing-offer/?&_ga=1.253136971.317834950.1394278039#sticky

Alternate interim and full service.

Wear and tear wise there's not much to draw your attention to, alloys de-lacquering and the bonnet rusting are two issues but otherwise it should be good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Frank

I'm just playing the waiting game for the right one to come up, i've not nothing but time to wait to find something perfect.

If anyone else has any concerns/comments let me know :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just picked mine up, and it's a manual......... they did have a couple of others in stock, and I decided to play the old shape card, and got a staggering discount........

·
Registered
155 Posts
The pre-2013 EGS 1.6 diesels do have eHDi (start stop) as the 2011 model i had defiantly did, but i wound not recommend it, go for a manual, newer 115bhp model if you can afford it ..

·
Registered
544 Posts
g_p_t said:
The pre-2013 EGS 1.6 diesels do have eHDi (start stop) as the 2011 model i had defiantly did, but i wound not recommend it, go for a manual, newer 115bhp model if you can afford it ..
Good point, I forgot the EGS models had stop/start from launch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, I think I have narrowed it down to a Dsport 2.0 HDI 62 plate. Hope to do the deal tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Any news?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I will be the owner of a DS4 Dsport in Shark grey on the 9th Jan.

Thanks for all you guys help, now looking for bulbs to get ready for it

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Good one
A used car I guess?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes chris has to be used one as i'm doing 20k miles a year just to and from work, let alone any other driving. This one was a 62 plate and only done 23k

·
Registered
176 Posts
Contrats, glad you got the correct model in the end!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked up today and took a few photos including my other Grey cars :)

The only thing I need to do is sort out some better headlights, any recommendations of really good bulbs as the lights seem to have a very short range even compared to my C1.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Looks greatThe DRL's can be replaced with LED ones...Looks great..I've done this
I also fitted some Philips White Vision bulbs...not as yellow and a little brighter
I would like to fit a full H7 HID kit but I fear the Canbus system wont like it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any idea on LED's for the DRLS as they look very big bulbs currently?

Anyone on here used H7R HID's designed for reflectors?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts