Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I would post before and after pics as I've decided to fit the rubbing strips and alloygators tomorrow. If I do get round to it I will also do the lights but time depending the easy stuff is getting done first. Here it is now (the before pics)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the strips to do myself, they're supplied with the chrome already attached and getting it off is a right pain in the A$$. It took me about 1 hour to get the 4 chrome strips off the 4 rubbings to paint them (luckily they come already primered). It takes time to figure out how they come off, they're not attached firmly to the rubbings but the rubberised sticking grips that stick them to the car hold them in place too so I had to have a stanley knife handy to cut the overlapping of the rubber where it was holding the chrome from coming away easily. So next is just a quick sand to give a surface then spray away tomorrow. Looking back on it if you're not inclined to doing it yourself, paying the £160 for a garage to do it isn't bad as it is a bit of a pain, Luckily it will not get the better of me!Edited by: Newkiebrown

·
Registered
470 Posts
I bought mine in the colour of my ride off ebay, so they only thing was to have them fitted, can see them in the gallery section

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would also like to add, why Citroen doesn't supply them separated is beyond me as the plastic has been primered separate tot he chrome then the chrome added on after. I suppose it puts a lot of people off spraying them themselves!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine came on the car and look like they are shiney black plastic,they do not look sprayedMaybe the "aftermarket "ones are different?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Chud

Mine were the same as yours

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I am spraying them still due to the cold weather they're taking ages to dry!

I said I would never pay the £160 for them to be sprayed and fitted but it doesn't seem like sucha big price now...

·
Registered
470 Posts
chud786 said:
Mine came on the car and look like they are shiney black plastic,they do not look sprayedMaybe the "aftermarket "ones are different?
depends what colour your car is, white and red units have those shiney
black strips (same as pillar C), others have them in the colour of the
body

·
Registered
470 Posts
Newkiebrown said:
Well I am spraying them still due to the cold weather they're taking ages to dry!

I said I would never pay the £160 for them to be sprayed and fitted but it doesn't seem like sucha big price now...

did you spray the chrome parts too?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I've took the chrome parts off, and don't even get me started on what a pain in the a$$ those were to remove!

You would have thought as they're supplied ready to paint the chrome parts that clip in would be supplied separate but Citroen prime the plastic then attach them so you can learn all new swear words getting them back off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts