Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, afternoon.

After my first post, related to the driving seat height and my way of drivingmy last cars, I thought that instead of creating a post for every doubt orquestion I have about this car I'd create 1 post with all inside, butif this is not correct by the forums rules I don't mind making single posts.

1.- Tyres, I just wanted to check if there is any size compatible with the19" wheels other than the default 225/40, I think the alloy wheels are tooexposed with those tyres because they are too thin, so I was thinking ofbuying 235/35 or 235/40-45, not sure if 245/35-45 would be ok either.

2.- Sat-Nav, I've been messing around with it today for the first time andthe maps are from 2009/2010, so a bit old, and I can't find an option toenter a post code anywhere, I've seen on Citroen website that they sell theupdate for UK at £69... any other Sat-Nav software that can be installed onthis car? any other options/tips in general?

3.- Buttons, this car has lots of them, but I'm not sure if they all work,the seat's lumbar adjustment for example, I press it but it does nothing, Isuppose I could check the fuse box, but no matter what direction I press itit won't do anything on my seat or the passenger's seat either, justwondering if anyone had this issue before or if there is any knownissues/bugs with some buttons on the car or overallelectricalsthat I shouldknow of, the passenger mirror doesn't work either when I try to adjust itwith the controls on my door.

4.- Spare wheel, I don't have one, so I assume the car's last owner took itwith him/her for some reason or they used it at some point and forgot to putit back, I haven't called Citroen to ask them for a replacement yet, I mightdo soon just in case.

So far that's it, I know it's a lot, so any info/help will be muchappreciated :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
JLCSan,<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">In answer to your questions in turn,
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">1. The 19" wheels do get hammer, mine got torn up on cobbled road going to work. I checked and was told no other tyre size suitable (had offer of some Pirelli P0's)- lower profile would be even more excruciating going over potholes and would affect steering apparently. The cost of getting them redone as they are diamond cut is quite expensive. You can drop a wheel size or two to get a package offer and cheaper tyres - 17" minimum on the sport [ but check] as wheels have to fit around enlarged front brake discs.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">2.The Sat-Nav can be updated but I would stick with Citroens maps as its all connected to ECU and needs a validation code, get a third party version and you could wipe lot. I have updated mine (all europe) with Citroen own version, but it is not the easiest upgrade, It needs engine running whilst doing it and takes about 20mins per country, and it makes you update each country at a time and told me I had'nt got room for all Europe so i had to leave out eastern Europe. The new version WILL use postcode although looks the same as old version when you type postcode in the town field it comes up with correct one based on postcode.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">3. I have to say there are very few blanks on my car but all the buttons that are there do work. Some cars don't have lumber and heating option and some of buttons on steering only work when car stationary. In general if they are present they should work or are broken.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">The electric mirrors are std on all models so this sounds like a fault or blown fuses.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">The car does have issues with ECG gearbox [see previous threads], also the Emyway system links up lots of the electronic bits so takes them all down when it goes wrong. Several updates have been issues during servicing - but only if serviced at a Citroen garage I suspect.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">4.- There is NO spare wheel as std, although there is a pit in boot to put one - optional extra about £150.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">The car comes with a compressor and liquid as std, [replacement about £70 inc compressor] if not there then previous owner must have taken it or used it. The compressor set up is nearly useless unless its a lovely perfect tiny round hole on the tread area, so you could just get a can of the Tyre Fix for about £5 on ebay to get you home.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">So far that's it, I know it's a lot, so any info/help will be muchappreciated :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there,

Wow, many thanks for the explanations, much appreciated

I just picked the car up from the Citroen dealer here in Cardiff, I must say dreadful service... I booked it to get the electrics checked out and an overall health check this morning at 8am, the person in the service reception asked me if I knew what was wrong with the electrics so I told him that so far I knew about the buttons on the seats and the left wing mirror, and that's the only thing they looked, nothing else, nothing more, but they charged me £100 for something I already knew... I asked for a general electric check and they didn't even check why the Service light is on permanently!!!
an absolutely disgraceful rip off, and they are funny enough to tell me that the service light is on because it needs to be reset after the service is done, which happened a couple of months ago!

Since I was in the dealer I asked for some parts missing, the repair kit for the wheel is £150, the electric mirror complete over £400! even though the mirror itself is fine and both the side indicator light and also the courtesy light work, so not sure why the need to change it completely just because it won't work electronically from the door controls... I also asked for a couple other parts which came cheap, the guy in the parts department was helpful to be honest.
I'm thinking of buying a mirror cheap online and see what's what, I can't believe I have to change the whole thing and pay over £400 just for the mirror plus labour on top.

I also bought a new gear know, the one in the car is a bit destroyed, that was quite cheap to be fair, but I don't know how to change it, I thought it'll be screwed in, but the new one doesn't look like it

I had to also take it to Kwik Fit last week to get it aligned because it pulls to the left, had to take it back next day, and still pulls to the left, in the dealer this morning I mentioned it, they haven't even looked at it on the health check and they say that they didn't find anything wrong with the car, at all, when I asked them now about that they said it could be the geometry of the steering wheel...

I still love the car very much, it's great to drive and to look at, but Citroen dealer is astonishing, worse I've ever had to deal with and this is just the first time...

Thanks for reading, sorry it got extended for so long, I suppose I'm a bit upset with the overall experience today...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts