Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just registered to put my mind at ease, either way. Today I took a 2013 2 litre diesel DS4 for a test drive. Ten minutes in there was white smoke from the exhaust whilst driving and a bit more when I came to a stop at a roundabout, enough to waft over the car. Drove it back and explained and was told it was a DPF regen. Basically they had done a few short trips back and to there service centre getting it ready for sale. It's got 64000 miles on it with service history.
A family friend works at the dealership and they urged me to take it out for a further test drive which I did for another half hour or so with no problems. It's a lovely car to drive but I've never seen this before. Is this normal. I've had diesels before and never experienced white smoke from the exhaust?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
Nope, not normal, I've had my 2.0 diesel for over 4 years, and over 40k miles, never seen any white smoke at any time. In fact, citroen use a special fluid to help the DPF, search "EOYLS".

I've never even noticed a DPF regen happening. Previous diesels had some tel tale signs of it.

One warning I had with that engine from a friend in the motor trade was to be very wary of the injectors. From his experience in the peugeot versions, the injectrs get so siezed than it needs a new head by the time you get them out. And white smoke is a sign of injector problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to my ds4 and it turned out to be an expensive job. After several trips the the ds garage - with unsuccessful attempts at diagnosing (varying amounts of money each time) turns out it was the nox valve - £400ish pound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts