Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, these warnings came up this afternoon. Is it the dreaded AdBlue pump failure or is worth topping up with AdBlue. No indication of "NO START IN" Thanks Keith

·
Registered
2015 DS DS4 Crossback 1.6 Bluehdi
52 Posts
Might be worth doing a diagnostic scan if you can with lexia or the equivalent. I used to get the same faults come up when I let the fuel run to near empty and after refill and a quick blast would clear it. Also supermarket fuel would bring up the emissions warnings but would then clear after a while.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I’m a bit old in the tooth for Lexia. I filled up at the beginning of the month at a Texaco station, I have half a tank so it would take me ages to empty it. I have bitten the bullet and booked it into my local DS dealer, £120 For diagnosis. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately I’m a bit old in the tooth for Lexia. I filled up at the beginning of the month at a Texaco station, I have half a tank so it would take me ages to empty it. I have bitten the bullet and booked it into my local DS dealer, £120 For diagnosis. :(
Hi Keith - Just wondering if you got this sorted? The same thing has happened to me literally just as I’ve driven on holiday…I need to drive 95 miles home and absolutely petrified of what’s going to happen

i have topped up my adblue now and my car is already booked in for it’s service and MOT Tuesday (the car said I still have 200 miles till my service)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi aries,
fortunately for me I never got the restriction for mileage left to drive. It turned out to be the AdBlue pump, which means the tank has to replace also at a cost of £1200. Fortunately, although my Crossback was a 2016 and out of warranty, my dealer managed to get Citroen to contribute 50% of that.

I've just had a similar thing with my Battery Power Management Pack. I kept getting "Electrical Power Fault". This cost £420, and Citroen again contributed 50%.

My Crossback has only done 13500 miles and I've spent more on this than I did on my 2005 C4 which never missed a beat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for replying and glad you got it sorted even though annoyingly it shouldn’t of cost you as seems like quite a few common faults listed on this forum and your car hasn’t even done the miles to encounter problems like this! I’m just under 38000 so expecting a few to start arising but not 9 months into an agreement..

My engine lights gone off this morning so thinking it just needed time to register refilling the adblue (fingers crossed)

I had the adblue tank and sensor replaced in August last year when I bought the car so I’m sure parts are covered for 12 months - glad I took the extended warranty with this car..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts