Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 16 plate DS4 cross back has just been diagnosed with adblue pump failure, quoted £1350 for a new one :cautious:
It only has 31000 miles on the clock. Having looked at the forums, I notice that this is more common than I would have expected! Has anyone challenged Citroen about this and received a positive response? As much as I love my car, I’m feeling as though my Citroen days are coming to an end……

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 16 plate DS4 cross back has just been diagnosed with adblue pump failure, quoted £1350 for a new one :cautious:
It only has 31000 miles on the clock. Having looked at the forums, I notice that this is more common than I would have expected! Has anyone challenged Citroen about this and received a positive response? As much as I love my car, I’m feeling as though my Citroen days are coming to an end……
Mine is also on a 16 plate & it went , i had to pay for a 3 hour diagnostic examination but DS stood the cost of a new one. mine had only 20k on the clock. its a recall job i believe as there is a fault with the original pumps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh man after reading these posts I'm starting to hate my DS4 & I've only had it since March. From the off I've had nothing but problems with fault code P2002 relating to the DPF. However buying my own £20 diagnostic tool and constantly clearing it seems to have kept that under control - until yesterday.
I now have a 'AdBlue' emissions fault and a mileage countdown now at 500 miles until it's 'impossible to start' as the dash brightly reminds me every few seconds.
I've topped the tank to the brim with plus 10 litres of AdBlue but still no change. A local mechanic tells me it has to go to the dealer. It's a 16 plate & only done 24k.
Can anyone offer any suggestions? No matter how often I try my wee cheapie diagnostic tool doesn't find any error codes yet as soon as I push the button it's there.
I feel like I should torch it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The cheapie OBD readers only find basic information, You will need Lexia with diagbox to access the areas you seek

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first experience of owning a diesel and it's been problems from the off with 'DPFs' and 'regens' and 'limp modes' and 'AdBlue'. There's rarely been a day when I drove the fooking thing without a warning light on. If it wasn't for a £20 diagnostic tool off Amazon it would have cost me a fortune in months few. Just a pity I can't reset the AdBlue light as it's not even registering. I'm hoping my local mechanic can clear it for a reasonable sum. If not I'm trading my DS4 in & never again will I buy another. Are all DS4 & diesels this bad or have I just been sold a duff motor?
The cheapie OBD readers only find basic information, You will need Lexia with diagbox to access the areas you seek
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
You get cheaper copies off ebay of the proper kit.

Diesels used to be really good and simple, then they messed them up as they got more popular. I've got the older 2.0 without adblue, and the engine has been great, no issues compared to a lot of other makes you read about with dpf problems. I think the eolys makes the difference

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've had diesels for years largly without problems (except 1.6 VW with blown head gasket and pump failure on an Hdi Xantia years ago) . And, I've had no problems with Eolys or with Adblue so whilst problems may well happen with any make of car I don't think problems are general

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is also on a 16 plate & it went , i had to pay for a 3 hour diagnostic examination but DS stood the cost of a new one. mine had only 20k on the clock. its a recall job i believe as there is a fault with the original pumps
Thank you for sharing, I have contacted DS and appears if the car was under 5 years old, they would have paid the cost, mine is 5 years and 2 months!! I have put in a claim for a 'goodwill gesture' and anxiously awaiting the outcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts