DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the air conditioning drain outlet is? I sometimes find pools of water under the back of my car when parked at home (sloping drive), and this appears to be dripping off one of the undertrays. I have had major problems with my windscreen/headlight washing system, involving going back to the dealers 3 times, but that appears to be sorted. However, the drips don't appear to be washer bottle water, as they are clear and don't appear to have the washer liquid smell. If anyone can confirm this might just be the air conditioning draining, then I can stop worrying!

DSport 160HDi Pearlescent White

·
Registered
155 Posts
The aircon seem to drain from the back of the engine more the driverside, when you have been driving it seems to run along the underside a bit, i first noticed it last week quite a big puddle, i dropped into my local garage for a quick check as i was worried, but they confirmed its the airconEdited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would so like to find out where the A/C drain is because my car is 3 years old and the A/C is smelly / musty. I've yet to see puddles below the car despite running the A/C.Surely a sign of a blocked drain !!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Anyone got any more details about where to find the A/C drain on my RHD DS4 ?
From what I know it's likely the drivers side (on RHD models), towards the rear of the engine.
I had her up on blocks this weekend trying to locate a drain hose but was unsuccessful.
I was also unable to remove the plastic circular clips/plugs that secure the sides of the center console in the foot wells. I figured that if i could get these circular clips / plugs out of the sides of the console then I'd be able to remove the console parts and I'd have a better view of the heater a/c unit etc.
It wasn't to be.

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
The thing is that I can't find that stuff locally and I'm about to go on a vacation for 3weeks.
I'm not sure if our freight carriers would allow aerosols from overseas via air as they're restricting them internally to road transport now.
I've found an AutoGlym variety so I'll grab that and give that a go.
It's warming up down here and it's a nasty smell !!

Thx

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks Chris, that stuff seems to have killed the bad A/C smell.
I let 1 can go off, positioned as you suggested which improved things by about 50%. After a couple of days I then let another can go off in the drivers footwell and went on holiday for 3 weeks leaving the car sealed up for that time.
The dank musty smell is now barely noticeable. Phew.
Additionally this week it's been humid and I spotted a puddle of water under the car so I'm fairly confident that the A/C drain is also not blocked.
Time will tell but as summers heating up now, the A/C will get a workout which can't hurt.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts