Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 61 plate 2.0HDi Dsport which has an intermittent fault. Every now and then (normally over a bumpy surface), a warning alarm sounds and the display states airbag and seat belt pre-tensioner fault. The error may stay for a couple of days and then clear itself. I'm assuming because of the nature of this fault (bumpy surfaces), it's a loose / bad connection somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea what the cause could be?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, just thought I would update you on the latest saga
of the airbag / seatbelt pre-tensioner warning. Has now been into 3 separate
Citroen dealers to have the problem looked at. The first 2, there was no error
but thankfully on the 3<sup>rd</sup> visit (after going a rough patch in the
road on the way there), it appeared and the warning alarm sounded. I left it
running and had a technician look at the warning light on the dash and showed
him the warning message on the display. I explained about it coming on over
rough surfaces and he said ""might be the connector block under the seat which
may have some loose connections""�. Excellent, at last, someone has acknowledged
there's a problem and has actually seen it. Pick the car up the next day, the
ever-exuberant service receptionist grunted that they couldn't find anything
wrong. I explained that the tech had looked and seen the warning light and
message but he just said ""couldn't find anything, you'll just have to keep an
eye on it""�. Started it up ok, no warnings at all, then 5 miles into the
journey, it comes on again. This car has been back to the garage more than it's
been on the road and as for Citroen's customer service or service in general,
it seems no-one can be bothered and to be honest it's p*ssing me off!! Great
forum guys, but this pup I've got is a bucket and combine this with the service
Citroen have given, it has certainly put me off them. If anyone has any ideas
about the connector block (is it a pin bending exercise?) and how to sort it,
it would absolutely make my day!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does it come on when only you are in the car or when others are with you ?
Need to try to isolate which "seat" is causing the problem.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I suspect the connector too, it's a known weakness on PSA cars as they get older but I'm surprised to see I think on a DS4 - brother-in-law hadn't it on a 406 and the perceived wisdom is for an electrican to solder the wires and ditch the connection, the only downside it's it needs cutting again if you ever remove the seat. This sorted it for him (the reason the airbag light comes on is this is for the seatbelt pre tensioner and side airbag)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Connectors probably oxidizing.
I find it Weird that you rarely see gold plated connectors on cars but you do on home electronics.
Connections on cars are usually just tinned.
Gold doesn't oxidize so connections should last longer.
I'd find all the connectors I could, undo them one by one, spraying them with something like DeoxIT® D-Series contact cleaner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

I've just had this come on today. Happened this morning after driving for about 30 minutes. Happened again this evening again after driving around 30 minutes.

Did you manage to get it resolved? I'm hoping it's nothing serious and nothing that's going to hurt the pocket!

Cheers Andy.

Hi, I have a 61 plate 2.0HDi Dsport which has an intermittent fault. Every now and then (normally over a bumpy surface), a warning alarm sounds and the display states airbag and seat belt pre-tensioner fault. The error may stay for a couple of days and then clear itself. I'm assuming because of the nature of this fault (bumpy surfaces), it's a loose / bad connection somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea what the cause could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same warning light on my 2014 ds4. Only owned it 4 days and it's been on 3 times! Each time after going over bumps. Did anyone get to the bottom of this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any joy Andy?

Hi there,

I've just had this come on today. Happened this morning after driving for about 30 minutes. Happened again this evening again after driving around 30 minutes.

Did you manage to get it resolved? I'm hoping it's nothing serious and nothing that's going to hurt the pocket!

Cheers Andy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
As Frank says this is not uncommon on PSA cars - the fix is usually to remove the connector and solder the wires direct - even if you can't see anything wrong with the connector - not sure which side? - then do both sides

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any joy Andy?

Hi there,

Cheers Andy.

Hi Ryan,

I did get it resolved. They said it was a sensor by the front wheel. They said it was £240 to replace and took over a week to get the part. Luckily it was still under warranty so didn't have to pay in the end.

Hope that helps.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts