Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i have loaded some albums off my pc onto a usb stick for the ds4.

if an album is 1 cd it says the name of the artist in the display while i scroll through for example

P!NK - Greatest Hits
MADONNA - Greatest Hits

but if it is a compilation album say consisting of 3 cds like a Ministry of Sound album all it says in the list is CD1 CD2 CD3 with no way of knowing what the actual album is,fine if you only have 1 album with more than 1 cd in but if you have a few you don't what album is what.

so my list is something like this

CD 1
CD 2
CD 3
P!NK - Greatest Hits
CD 1
CD 2
MADONNA - Greatest Hits
CD 1
CD 2
CD 1
CD 2
CD 3
etc etc

when i put the albums on the usb stick i just dragged and dropped them onto it,on my pc the album is saved in music,if i double click the album it opens up into however many folders as CDs there are,they are saved as CD1 CD2 etc

what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would suggest amending your MP3 tags and file names to remove all references to CD numbers as they have no relevance once an album is ripped to digital files on your computer.

For instance, if you have a 2 CD album with each disc in its own directory and own track numbering, e.g.

CD1, tracks 1-20
CD2, tracks 1-20

Rename the files and amend the tags so that the tracks are numbered 1-40. If the album name tags were set something like 'Album (CD1)' and 'Album (CD2)', change then to just be 'Album'. That way all of the tracks get grouped as a single album regardless of the number of CDs. It may be that when you've ripped the CDs, your ripping program has simply got the tagging messed up.

I recommend mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en) for fixing tags in music files.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts