Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked my DS4 in for a 25k mile service, car is 16 months old. Car is immaculate and alloys are untouched. However started to noticed small marks on the near side rear wheel, along a few of the edges and a small white track in the centre of the alloy. I assume it's where the lacquer is starting to lift!!

Dealer said they will look at it. Have any of you had this issue on such a young car and did the dealer take it seriously? I'm hoping your experiences will help me if the dealer gets awkward!

Many thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very common issue. Check all the wheels very carefully, especially around the centre cap. Chances are you'll be needing a new set of wheels!Edited by: Hoovie

·
Registered
73 Posts
i bought my car in December noticed back nearside wheel had been refurb. been in battle with dealer to get wheel changed on a d sport they are going to get one off a demo car. Had the bonnet changed as well this is the 4th week they have had the car putting me right off keeping the car now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
UNFORTUNATELY this is not a Citroen only issue as all manufacturers have problems with the wheels, especially the diamond cut alloys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Taking mine in next week for a service and both my nearside alloys look like they are scuffed all the way round the rims but its discoloration. see what they say.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hopetoget my DS sport back on monday after five weeks for new bonnet and two wheels to be refurb.
hope it looks ok don't want to wait another five its been a joke.
Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick update on the Alloy Wheel Lacquer issue. My DS4 went in for its 25k service yesterday and the dealer has agreed to order new alloy wheel in from France. Result !

MSH

·
Registered
73 Posts
your lucky went back to Citroen yesterday to get mirror back which was hit in the dealers changed and get them to look at the rubbish alloy wheel so called refurb. I got told the wheels wont look as good the new ones. so waiting again for them to ring me back. looks like i will be ringing Citroen uk to complain for the second time. They also Damaged the seal under the car putting jack in the wrong place and scratch the front wing as well

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rich2316 said:
Taking mine in next week for a service and both my nearside alloys look like they are scuffed all the way round the rims but its discoloration. see what they say.
In for service yesterday and they agreed to replace all four alloys with new onesnext week so a good result for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
what a result.Just got my two alloys back today after 3 times of being refurbed. Its now cost the dealer more than replacing one alloy and fixing slight kerb damage on the other wheel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
essexpaul said:
what a result.Just got my two alloys back today after 3 times of being refurbed. Its now cost the dealer more than replacing one alloy and fixing slight kerb damage on the other wheel.
If they are corroded they should be replacing them under warranty not trying to repair them. kick up a fuss. They agreed to do mine straight away no haggling.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its along story but i've kicked up more fuss than they could imagine i got a free full service and the two wheels look brand new. The dealer has been terrible thought a main dealer would give me piece of mind and good customer care wrong.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've noticed the back two wheels have started to show signs of the lacquer going on the edges of the spokes but the fronts have no evidence at all which is a surprise as they generally get more abuse in our house... I'll be seeking replacements from Citroen of the two rear ones. I've also noticed some used DS4's with Brisbane wheels that have been refurbished in normal 'alloy' colour which is an option for the future as it looks quite smart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took my 2013 Dstyle in for the 25k service and pointed out the corrosion on all 4 Alloys. They were replaced with no questions the following week. Great service. I'm now worried about what will happen when they corrode again out of warranty?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my DS4 10 months now (13 plate). When I picked it up all the Alloys looked perfect, but since the winter they have lost the lacquer around the edges and white marks are in the centres. Theylook terrible! I took out a 2yr insurance for accidental damage on them when I brought car, but not sure if they are covered because of the weather (ill have to check!). Love the car but this and the plastic chrome edgesaround the windows that have white marks I can't shift make it a disappointment.
Let me know what your dealer says!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations to everyone who got their wheels replaced, they fobbed me off without even giving them a proper inspection (see link below and follow up posts.

http://www.ds4ownersclub.co.uk/forum/alloy-wheel-corrosion_topic914_page4.html

To be fair the dealers (Swansway Chester) have been great over various niggles, but Citroen UK are lacking in their so called customer service, details on the link. Either be prepared for a battle and possibly stillbeout of pocket.

Looks like I'll be stumping up a couple of bob to pay for refurbishment with a good powder coating, getting them diamond cut again will definitely not be an option for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts