Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 62 plate dstyle and noticed what I think is slight corrosion on my front alloys on the chrome part..anyone had a similar problem?...thanks...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Only kerb corrosion

Seriously though take pics and get back on to the dealer, my be a lacquer reaction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just put my normal wheels back on the car after having winter tyres on for 6 months. All 4 of my alloys are corroded on my 61 plate DS4 :(

Going to contact the garage today to see if this can be fixed under warranty. Hope so cos they look nasty!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I noticed this on a number of used cars we looked at, as some hasn't been cleaned it appeared to be as a result of either brake dust not being removed properly, over-aggressive cleaning products or a combination of the two.

I'll be using just a sponge, lightly shampoed water and some elbow grease!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all.14 month old DStyle, just noticed both driver's side alloys starting to corrode. At first I thought it was kerbing and could not understand how it happened because I'm super careful with the alloys as it's a business lease. On closer inspection it is clearly corrosion. Hopefully the dealer will swap.
Washed regularly by me only, never power washed, sponge and soap only.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes nearside front has the same as the picture above but not quite as bad, its going to be replaced, but not till the end of the month as they are on back order, its a shame as ive just had a new bonnet on mine as well because the paintwork was bubbling on the front, must say I have been really disappointed with the carsince ive had these issues, dont get me wrong theywill be sorted, but so they should its under warranty

·
Registered
69 Posts
Am starting to get an odd spot on all my wheels - bar the one that I kerbed <grr> think I will have to drop it in for them to have a look at. I did get a quote for repair of the kerbed alloy but it was over 100 quid and they need it for 3 days!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same issue , around the rim , but as I brought the car second hand cant be sure if its genuine corrosion or some one has scuffed the wheel and tried to rub it out .

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you look at the area around it, providing it is not gouged out you'll normally find it is raised and blebbed up from underneath. It is very much a known issue around the wheel stud points according to my local dealer. For the few that have gone to a DS5, my Dad's car has even worse corrosion on the blade edges of the alloys after less than a year and is booked in to have all 4 replaced.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For info these are much worse now, the garage took a look at them during a recent service and have agreed to replace them under warranty.

·
Registered
544 Posts
They look awful!

Ours (June 2013, 14k on the clock) has started to show some corrosion close to the bolts on the front near side - I'll take it into Citroen before it gets close to the small bit of kerb rash and they suggest it's our fault!

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's quite advanced compare to what mine were - although the pattern on the edge of the blades is very similar to what's happened on my Dad's DS5.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hopefully all these car makers, spending lots of money on replacing wheels, will move away from the rubbish idea that is Diamond Cut alloys and just have fully painted wheels again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did exactly the same took mine back to the citroen dealer the took photos sent them off and 1 week later the rang me to say they would be replaced under the warranty.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts