Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rugbyleaguer said:
Just wondered if anyone has changed their Cairns alloys for any others and if so which?
The Cairns are the 18" Alloys, yes?

Well, my 18" Alloys are coming off in around a month and some Peugeot 17" alloys, refinished in an Anthracite with a little silver sparkle, going on

(Complete with Winter Tyres for the cold season coming up and to protect the more delicate OEM Diamond-cut wheels from the winter salt
)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Cairns are the 19" wheels HoovieI have not changed mine but am considering having them refinished in solid black/grey
and doing away with the "diamond cut"

·
Registered
227 Posts
chud786 said:
Cairns are the 19" wheels HoovieI have not changed mine but am considering having them refinished in solid black/grey
and doing away with the "diamond cut" 
Personally I am not a big fan of the high-constrast black and silver two-tone look, and find the light grey and silver look of the 18"s much nicer.
The 19"s refinished in a nice Gun-Metal/Anthracite would look good and losing the diamond-cut bare-metal finish is definately a plus to keep the wheels looking good. Are you going for two-tone again or just the single colour?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Solid colour,something darkI think it will be a lot more durable
Just need to find somewhere who can powder coat the wheels and also spray the centers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Powder coating doesn't really offer much over normal painting compared to wheels, if you knock them powder coating will come off a kerbing just as easily as decent painting. I've painted my own wheels using a guide someone posted and it's pretty easy to do, it just takes time and patience, probably the best part of 2 days.

Mind you I would like to point out that the reason I did paint in the first place was that hey had minor kerbing on all 4 and one seriously so I had to do something
Edited by: Newkiebrown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts