Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Im all the way in South Africa. DS4 was launched hereabout 2 months ago. I applied for my DS4 200 THP on Wednesday, they had stock and in the beautiful Pearl White. I took delivery yesterday.

All I can say is WOW. She is a beauty. Not only that, the people at Citroen treated me like royalty and really went the extra mile.

Just a quick question (I know its not the correct thread), but did anyone have issues with their electronic parking break yet? Because they scared me a little bit when they showed me where to loosen the parking break if it gets stuck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Sandman,
Yes the electronic parking break does take some getting use to, especially on hill starts as I have a lot of here in Spain but you do get use to it in time, I picked mine up at Citroen Slough and as you say treated like royalty this is how they want to treat the DS brand.

I also have the 200bhp in white and love it, I have done 11,000 km since taking delivery in August mainly back and forth England to Spain and it's a dream on the French Autoroutes but the 19" wheels do not like the British or Spanish back streets, my old C5 was best at that, but the DS4 much more fun and gets looks where ever we go....

What did they tell you to do if the parking break gets stuck on? I didn't get told that....

Regards

Ian
citroenwrc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, she doesnt like bumpy roads.
In the trunk under the tyre repair kit, you will find a large box type device. That is the electronic parking break preasure box. There is a small tool (included)that you need to use to loosen the handbreak if it gets stuck. But as I understand, you cannot use the handbreak after that until Citroen fixed the issue if it got stuck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
But why would it get stucked anyway?
It had frozen -18 degrees Celcius here and it went off just like that!
Did I miss something???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol. No. Just wanted to know if anybody experienced any issues with it yet since you get a tool to unstuck it. But looks like a very solid no :) . Now I feel more confident about the electronic handbreak. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sandman said:
Hi guys
Im all the way in South Africa. DS4 was launched hereabout 2 months ago. I applied for my DS4 200 THP on Wednesday, they had stock and in the beautiful Pearl White. I took delivery yesterday.

All I can say is WOW. She is a beauty. Not only that, the people at Citroen treated me like royalty and really went the extra mile.

Just a quick question (I know its not the correct thread), but did anyone have issues with their electronic parking break yet? Because they scared me a little bit when they showed me where to loosen the parking break if it gets stuck.

No issues yet ... where do you loosen it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a hydraulic system under the boot (trunk)floor. There is a small little tool that you need to loosen the parking brake if stuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts