Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all so I recently purchased a Citroen Ds4 2012 for alot cheaper than market value so can't complain about the faults but the parking sensors don't work, the first time I reversed they did work but now front and rear haven't worked since that one time. It has had a knock to the front left bumper - maybe could be a loose connection.

Every time I select reverse I get the 'parking assistance failure' message, I have tried the wd-40 trick with no luck. How can I diagnose the issue as finding any info online is proving difficult.

If the problem did lie with the front sensors would this cause the fault even in reverse? If I disconnect the front all together would this prevent the fault? I don't need front sensors but going from a car with rear sensors to this without is proving risky.

I had the head unit out just wanted to check everything was connected properly and came across this, any ideas on what it is, should it be commented somewhere?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,016 Posts
If it has front and rear seansors then they all work at the same time. There are two tones, high beep for direction of travel, low beep for opposite. So if reversing, high beep from the rear, and if going forward high beep from the front.

Do you have the display with which sensor is detecting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it has front and rear seansors then they all work at the same time. There are two tones, high beep for direction of travel, low beep for opposite. So if reversing, high beep from the rear, and if going forward high beep from the front.

Do you have the display with which sensor is detecting?
There is no audible beep. When reverse gear is selected I get the error message along with the service light. I also tried to see if an OBD2 reader could detect the fault but it did t flag anything up. I believe it could be the front sensors causing the issues. How would I disconnect these? If I done that and the back sensors were all working fine would this stop the error message or do both the front and rear need to be connected in order for the whole system to work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts