DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I did not spec a space saver wheel with my order (a regret) I am looking to obtain a jack and wheel brace for my DS4, as I am unable to find a decent on-line parts catalogue can anyone have a look and post part numbers please, going to price them up and then find a wheel.

If there is a good on-line catalogue then would be great to have a link.

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??

I had a message from the parts department saying that Citroen UK have said this is not possible to add a spare wheel after market??..... not sure why though, they are all end item components that can be replaced and positioned in the block?? WhilstI was at the dealer my sales rep was doing this for a C3 owner??

Does any one have the spare wheel option and can add part numbers off the parts in the boot please?

Clamp/securing device

Jack

Brace

Wheel nut cover removal tool

Space saver wheel

Anticipated thanks

Tony

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke to the dealer and they are not able to order the parts as my car does not have the option as fitted from the factory..... yet if it had the optionI would be allowed to order it............ but then i would not need it!!??

Citroen dealer also doubtsI can get one that is compatible with 18" wheels......... strange as they sell one that they will not let me order! Why offer an option wheel that 'may' not be compatible??

Feels like I am going round in circles and nobody cares! lol

Cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats ridiculous, what would happen if you had the space saver option and the space saver was stolen or got broken ?

Let us know how you get on as im alsointerestedin adding a spare.

I did think about going to a local tyre place just to see if they had any spares that could fit, but of course you need a jack (would not want to carry my trolly jack around in the boot !)

the other bits should be easy to find..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
g_p_t said:
Thats ridiculous, what would happen if you had the space saver option and the space saver was stolen or got broken ?
You would be OK because it was part of a factory order but the whole thing seems mad to me!

Anyway, spoke to another dealer and gave them my reg number and hey presto, its not a problem, they have given me the following info so far...

Steel wheel (without tyre) = £56.58
Jack - £29.72
Brace - £6.88
Tool - £3.17 (for removing the wheel nut covers)
Wheel clamp to be confirmed = £??

Total cost inc VAT = £96.35

Tool securing box (think this is the polystyrene insert which I already have = £35.58

Looked up the tyre on the web, size quoted by the dealer is 125/85/16 Conti CST17 which is about£42'ish, Citroen have trouble getting these apparently.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by: swisstony

·
Registered
155 Posts
there are a few space saver wheels complete with tyres that size on ebay with 4 stud , are thespacings standard ?
Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean the pcd? pitch circle diameter?? Not sure what it is on the DS.....

Spare wheel tub does not look deep enough for a full size spare without raising the load floor.

Thought it would need a clamp to retain the wheel but cannot see where it goes to back to body??

·
Registered
231 Posts
that's crazy what they tell you

jack and brace that will do the job on ebay new £15
if you have 18" on your ds4 16" wheel will fit then tyre.

my way round it was
as the car was not to good in snow I decided to do the winter tyre thing

I landed lucky got 4x steel wheels on ebay new £60
fitted winter tyres ( car now great in snow :))

bonus leave one in boot all year round when I put alloys back on
spare sorted :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
swisstony said:
Do you mean the pcd? pitch circle diameter?? Not sure what it is on the DS.....

Spare wheel tub does not look deep enough for a full size spare without raising the load floor.

Thought it would need a clamp to retain the wheel but cannot see where it goes to back to body??

PCD is 4 x 108 , I have measured the hole in the boot and I think you can fit full sized one in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info adjar, will shop around and see what I can find

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just had an update from the dealer, it seems I cannot have a full size spare, this is due to the EPB emergency release system in the spare wheel well, I guess you can on a Dsign model as this is normal handbrake?

I am going to go ahead and order the parts so will let you know if I come across any further obstacles.

I will also list part numbers when I have them.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered the spare wheel option on my new DS4 but have been told it is no Longer available.
My dealer ordered one as a extra but they are having problem fitting it as the ecu is in the way.

I will be picking up my car in two weeks so will see it they have been able to fit the spare.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The plot thickens it seems.....

I have the foam block which also retains the pump and goo kit, it seems toaccommodatethe space saver, the EPB release is underneath it so it should be OK I think.........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked up the parts tonight, part numbers are as follows...C5401V1 - 16" 4 stud space saver steel
wheel - £56.58C671739- Wheel brace - £6.88

C672594 - Lifting jack - £29.72

C676305 - wheel bolt cover removal tool - £3.17

All the parts locate into the moulded tray I
have on my Dstyle

I also ordered the following which I cannot
use it seems -C7603R2 - Spare wheel securing screw £7.17 (For
DSign models only I think as it does not have an EPB)

Sourced a tyre from Black Circles, 125/85/16 Conti CST17 and will be fitted to the
rim on Tuesday, fully fitted it came out at £57, not much option to shop around
as not many places stock or order these.

I have now located the compressor kit into the
strap on the left hand side rear ¼ trim.

Hopefully with these part numbers anyone
wishing to do the same can shop around and maybe get the OEM parts cheaper than
I did.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for putting up the parts list, i will think about doing the same,annoyingly cleaning my wifes c3 today i found it has as space saver spare in the boot with jack etc,
im sure when we bought it they said it was with thecompressorand guekit (it was a pre registered car)

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 1.6 DStyle came with a space saver and jack kit as standard. ( 1st Reg March 2012).One of the main reasons I didn't buy a DSport was the lack of a spar, but I was told that a full size wheel would fit in the well, although the wheel alone was about £350!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
My 2.0 HDI Dstyle also came with a space saver jack ect as standard , mine is registered March2012 as well .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very strange, spare wheel is definately an option as confirmed by Citroen so not sure why some vehicles come with it, maybe already built?? Mine was built to order and came without a spare.

For those with a Dstyle, can any one take a pic and show how the wheel is retained? I bought a clamp which cannot be used on mine as the EPB release is underneath it so curious to know from other vehicles if any one can assist

Also noted on the website, another small price increase for April.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
312 Posts
Tony
The spare on mine isn't retained by anything ,it just sits on the foam insert . It doesn't move around or rattle either . The boot floor / carpet seems to hold it down .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts