Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who's got a new one know how well the Apple Car Play works? Will I be able to stream Spotify etc. over it well?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apple CarPlay works very well and you can stream Spotify no problem. Siri reacts very well to voice commands and it is great being able to get it to read text and emails as well as send them, not to mention taking a note or two

·
Registered
2 Posts
Highdigi said:
Apple CarPlay works very well and you can stream Spotify no problem. Siri reacts very well to voice commands and it is great being able to get it to read text and emails as well as send them, not to mention taking a note or two
I notice you have the DS4 1955 Limited edition and I was wondering if you had Apple CarPlay working on your vehicle or if you a commenting from seeing it working elsewhere?

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's no Whatsapp available via CarPlay, unfortunately... it seems to be on everybody's wish list, so hopefully it won't be long before it's added. The number of supported apps is growing all the time.<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">I keep an eye onhttp://carplaylife.comfor up-to-date news and reviews.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HI can anyone give me some advice. I took delivery of my 65 plate ds4 crossback a week ago. I had already done my homework and was impressed with all the extras but the one that caught my attention was Apple car.I read the hand book and headed for the car but to my dismay i cant find it anywhere in the touch screen.
I have called Citroen technical but they are useless and didnt have a clue.
If the car is not fitted with Apple play will it mean a software update or will it require hardware???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your model year is on the change over. If you have not got the facelift grill then Apple Car Play is not standard. It is technically possible to have it installed with firmware and software upgrades. However, if it is not a factory fit already then legally it cannot be done. You would have to speak to your Citroen dealer to see if they would be willing to do it. If they are it would void any warranty that you may have on your head unit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I test drove a 65 plate Crossback before buying a new 16 plate earlier this year, and it had CarPlay accessed via the touch screen.

Assuming you have it installed, here's how to get it working...

Connect your iPhone via the USB connection. It must be an iPhone 5 or later, I believe. When connected, you'll see the phone screen go grey and the CarPlay logo displayed.

Press the "Globe" button on the touch screen control panel (second from right of the six buttons available, between the Phone and Settings). You'll see on screen Internet Browser, Apple CarPlay, and MirrorLink. (I couldn't find a way to rotate the image below)

Press Apple CarPlay on screen which will then display the CarPlay apps you have installed on your phone. If there are too many for one screen (like I have) you can scroll back and forwards using the < > controls at the bottom of the screen.

You can press and hold the end of the indicator stalk to activate Siri, then give voice commands to make calls or open Spotify, for example.

I hope you can get it working, as it's something I wouldn't be without now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have the touch screen technically Apple Car Play can be installed, the problem is finding a dealer that is prepared to do it as it is not legal to do so in Citroen's as there is no licence for Apple Car Play. The other problem it will void any warranty on your screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 66 plate cross back and I'm finding that when I use CarPlay my music skips a beat every so often, I have reset the car stereo to factory settings reset my iPhone I even wiped the phone and started from scratch replacing the USB lead So I'm now starting to think it's the think it's an issue with the car itself. Is anybody else having this issue ?
Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get Apple car play installed. But having the same issue skipping all the time. Did you manage to get it sorted it's vet annoying˜¹ï¸�

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi i have a 17 plate prestige when i go into the settings and try to put Apple car play on it says speak to dealer thought a 17 plate would have it.Just had another look and it says not available on this system but can acquire from dealer.

telling me to speak to dealer i thought a 17 plate would have it fitted.

Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi just had another look when i press the carplay logo it says function not available on your system you can acquire it from your ds dealer i would have thought a May 2017 prestige would have it fitted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
HiJust been down to my local dealer and was told it's an option that can be added and does not affect the warranty takes 30 mins to update system and is costing me £54 pound not happy that i have to pay for something that i thought was standard on a prestige model.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.