DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 1.6HDI Dstyle has remote wing mirrors with power fold and according to the book of words, I should be able to get them to auto dip when reverse gear is selected. I have followe all the instructions line by line but they will not auto dip and resturn to drive position.

Is this a Dsport only feature or have other Dstyle owners got it to work.

Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine work fine on DS dsport

·
Registered
19 Posts
No problem with mine. You just need to switch the wing mirror adjuster to either left or right, depending which side's mirror you want dipped, before you engage reverse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to bump this and see if anybody with a DStyle could advise how to get the aut reverse tilt described here to work?

I've tried the manual instructions, but with no luck, and this would be a really useful feature if it does work.
Edited by: swarrin

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took delivery of a DSTYLE VTi 120 yesterday and I cannot get the mirrors to auto dip either. I can't find any mention of it being specific to any particular model.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got the Dsport 200 and mine work fine

·
Registered
470 Posts
Gray1 said:
I took delivery of a DSTYLE VTi 120 yesterday and I cannot get the mirrors to auto dip either. I can't find any mention of it being specific to any particular model.
So much of "creative technologie" that you get lost

·
Registered
155 Posts
I cannot get it to work on my careither

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a word with the dealer, and apparently it's only on the semi-auto EGS versions. WHich could explain why some people are succeeding on DStyle and DSport, but not always.

Seems a reasonable explanation at least. Either way, it don't work! :(
Edited by: swarrin

·
Registered
155 Posts
swarrin said:
Had a word with the dealer, and apparently it's only on the semi-auto EGS versions. WHich could explain why some people are succeeding on DStyle and DSport, but not always.

Seems a reasonable explanation at least. Either way, it don't work! :(

Which is what i have

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just to add to the confusion, I have a DStyle and so far can't get the mirror tilt function to work.
Has anyone got a definitive answer to this question from Citroen since this was last discussed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have literally just come off the phone to my dealer about this very problem.I took delivery of my DStyle VTi 120 two days ago and cannot get them to tilt.
Dealer tells me it is part of the Security Signature pack which is standard on DSport and optional on DStyle.
Hope they are not just fobbing me off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a DStyle EGS and mine doesn't have the tilting mirrors.

What I've been able to gather from various discussions is that whether you have it appears to be completely random. Citroen haven't published a list of which cars/specification is supposed to have the function and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to which cars do and don't have it. My guess is that, in a typically quirky French fashion, they just fit it (or not) totally at random in the factory.

I'm sure it might be nice to have the function, but I can't honestly say I'm bothered enough to ask the dealer about it as there's nothing they can do about it (retrofitting is probably impossible) and I've managed reversing long enough without it (although I do like the reversing cameras I've had on hire cars in the USA).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assumed it was std across the range. TheDStyle EGSI test drove had it and my DSport has it, guess I was wrong.

I suspect it is purely software based. My old Seat Leon was a sport and it didn't have lots of the little tricks that the FR had. I found a software dignostic system named VAGCOM, and with that I was able to turn on full closure and several other little tricks that were standard on the FR and optional on other models. I wonder if there is anything similar for the PSA group cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Coops said:
I have literally just come off the phone to my dealer about this very problem.I took delivery of my DStyle VTi 120 two days ago and cannot get them to tilt.
Dealer tells me it is part of the Security Signature pack which is standard on DSport and optional on DStyle.
Hope they are not just fobbing me off.

I added the Security Signature to my DStlye and I have auto dip mirrors.

You have to have the mirror selector slide left or right to activate the corresponding mirror dip on reverse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts