Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone first post , thinking of buying ds4 I was going to try the air dream egs6 but i'been put off a bit by some of the posts on this forum ! I've got a passat diesel with the dsg box which is great but I'll be changing to the Citroen in the near future can anyone recommend the best diesel I'll be buying a used one , what's the fuel consumption like on the 2 lt diesel if it's not to bad would consider that model but probably go for a manual, any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have just got the 1.6 Hdi and am surprised at how well it pulls, it's quite nippy in yhe 1-3 gears, but if you want pull at high end then go for 2.0ltr

I've just gone from a 2.0ltr petrol so I've had my fun at pulling away and leaving 3.0ltr Audi's standing :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Personally i really like the EGS box. It does take some getting used to, but once you know the quirks of what you can and can't do it just like any other auto box that i've driven. Tis my first auto i've owned and i love the simplicity of it. Plus there is always the even more fun option of dropping her into manual and using the shift paddel's! I find i don't do that too often though as the mpg drops significantly! :p
Edited by: thecork

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi everyone just thought i'd update you on my choice i'm now the proud owner of a babylon red 2ltr dsport 2500 miles on the clock and i love it! it's a long time since i've seen a car that looks so good, citroen have got the styling of this car just right it looks good and it drives like a dream, my passat dsg highline was a hard act to follow but it didn't have the looks but drove like a dream, lots of posts about ipod connectivity but i'm getting to grips with it and have to say the sound is pretty good, the phone hasn't been a problem either clear as a bell well chuffed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts