Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my DS4 200bhp sport in hickory brown for a week now and love it and all the attention it gets when i drive it.

But.......the automatic handbrake doesnt come on when i stop the car. It engages when i turn off the ignition and the red light comes on in the center consule and the dash. Yet when i stop in traffic the car roles back or forward.

Am i doing something wrong here as i thought i would ask you guys before i ring the dealership?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

As I understand it, the anti rollback device is only designed to hold the car long enough to allow you to select a gear or get the handbrake on. If your on a slope and your pressing the brake, you can take your foot off and the anti rollback device will hold the car for about 5 seconds before letting it roll. But if its a gentle incline it doesnt detect the slope and the car will roll back slowly.

The auto handbrake only works when you switch off the engine or when you press the button.

Hope this helps.... Azzy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi
I believe on a more than 3 degrees gradient, there is a 2 second window after
lifting your foot off the brake pedal before the car rolls back or front.
The brake only activates itself once the ignition is switched off or when it is activated buy the driver when the car is stationary,
Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, it's called hill assist and is really useful. You get about 3 seconds to get in gear and on the biting point before it releases..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tyrellcorp71 said:
I have had my DS4 200bhp sport in hickory brown for a week now and love it and all the attention it gets when i drive it.

But.......the automatic handbrake doesnt come on when i stop the car. It engages when i turn off the ignition and the red light comes on in the center consule and the dash. Yet when i stop in traffic the car roles back or forward.

Am i doing something wrong here as i thought i would ask you guys before i ring the dealership?

It certainly does seem to attract peoples attention :) You're doing nothing wrong ... hill start assist will, if in neutral or first, give you about 2 seconds to move - otherwise you will rollback. Otherwise you need to engage the handbrake manually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does the time for hill assist vary depending on gearbox (EGS or Manual)?

I ask this as some people are giving very different answers on time.

I have the 155 THP EGS and I would guess it's 2 secs max.

I find that mine picks up most gradients too, it's quite a good feature.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ajdar,

That's what I thought and seen so far. I was surprised by the comment of 5 secs that's all.

I could probably get out and back in again in that time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Frank

I could actually do with 5 seconds...but 2 seconds is about the minimum time i need for my old reflexes i guess!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts