Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just a quick one, every tim eit rains my DS4 smells funny inside...
I've checked the cabin filter and it looks new, I changed it last October the one under the bonet on top of the engine in the driver side, but I'm not sure if there is any other cabin/pollen filter that I don't know off and that is creating this smell because I haven't changed it since I bought the car over a year ago...

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by: JLCSan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris,

I don't normally run the AC, or the Auto option either, the most I've used the heater/AC is the central big wheel sometimes to heat up the car inside when it's too cold, but that's it...
I'll have a look to that shop to see what I can do, but do you know if there is any other filter in the car I might've missed?

Many thanks for your help :)

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
If you dont use the A/C is more than likely that bacteria in the A/C condenser is the problem
In fact ..100% likely
I cannot emphasise enough, the need to ALWAYS run with the A/C in the ON position...Even in Winter!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow
I didn't know that!! I'll start doing that always from now on, and will watch that video to see what can be done with the bacteria, thanks a lot

But just to make 100% sure, sorry, do you know about the filters? any other cabin/pollen filter that I don't know off in this car?

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
There's a pollen filter but that wont smell, no matter how clogged it may be
I really do think that the AirCon is your problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that, I suppose that pollen filter is the one under the bonnet at the front...
I've watched that vide, and a few others, some say to leave the car close with the windows up, other just the opposite, use the recirculating button, or not, spray the stuff directly to eh vents, to the outside, in the carpet area where the feet rest...

I'm buying a spray can of it over the weekend andI'll give it a go, hopefully it'll sort it out

Thanks again for your help

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
You're welcome
Hope it works

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there,

This morning, being sunny and all, I tried to eliminate that bloody smell off my car...

First, since I was there, I checked the air filter in the car and it was almost black, so I changed it, same with the pollen/cabin filter, it was also black so I took the old one out and before I put the new one in I sprayed the NormFest can I bought to sanitize the A/C in there, and also in all air vents inside the car and the air intake at the bottom of the windshield, left it like that for a few minutes, and then started the A/C and followed the instructions/proccess as explained in the can.

After all that, the car had a chemical smell mixed with lemon, but it wasn't too bad, so I took it for a ride to the near petrol station and gave it a good manual jet wash, I'm not a fan of the automatic car wash.
Right after I finished I started the car and the A/C; the wet socks smell came back as before, although it didn't stayed for long...

I have this problem every time it rains, so I'm starting to think this has not much to do with the bacteria/fungi or other nasties in the A/C...

Any other ideas will be appreciated :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.