Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the above error message?I obviously stopped the vehicle when it came on but when I turned the engine back on it came up with Engine fault, repair needed message - then shortly after the original error message came back up. I needed to get home (10PM with a 6 year old, only 5-10 mins from home) so I carried on and just two corners (10 seconds away), as I cornered anti roll back error came on then abs error, but only I cornered. They came and went too fast round the first corner and I watched the display the seance corner and just caught them. Up until now this car has been 100% perfect with no issues so I'm not too sure if I should be very concerned or not given it's track reliable record. 62 plate which I've owed since Oct 2015, ex-motability car.
I'll be taking it into Citroen probably Tuesday, my only opportunity but wondered if anyone else had encountered this and could suggest any self fixes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I know now it's 4 years later, hope you still see this message and can help. How did you sort this issue?
I just had the same exact issue and I believe the problem is the alternator belt and belt tensioner as they are not letting the alternator giving enough constant output to recharge the battery.
All the other error about ABS, Steering, brake etc.. I think are due to the fact that there is no enough electric power in the car to make things work. I connected a tester to my battery and as I was pushing the tensioner onto the belt (although it was squeaking) the battery volt started going up slowly, indicating that the alternator works.
I ordered the belt and belt tensioner and will fit them in a few days and see how it goes.
Hope you can let me know how you sorted it.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts