Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since december2013 my cars battery looses charge sometimes overnight despite long journeys and checking nothing is left on! Citroen had it in for 2 days but found nothing! Now after a journey of 400 miles the following morning battery dead. Charged battery and got it tested and its OK but still drains power. I now disconnect battery till I use it again. Its in my local dealer for 5 days in June. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am far from a mechanical expert, but in my youth I used to keep cars going on a shoestring and I came across this problem on more than one occasion when a wire had become exposed through the insulation rubbing off on body work and then the wire itself touched the bodywork, which caused a slow drain on the battery. More recently I had a battery that flattened over night, even when recharged and that turned out to be the radio (in a Fiat) which had developed a fault. I would think the dealer would be able to trace the problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This brings back bad memories!

My previous car was a Ford CMAX. It was an ex-demonstrator with 1600 miles on the clock in 6 months. It had Sat Nav, front and rear parking sensors, reversing camera, self parking, audio commands to control the car's climate/DAB radio and other things that I can't remember, hill start assist, tyre pressure monitor and more.

Thought I had bought a bargain. Two days after I had collected it the battery was flat and the Hill Start Assist was also faulty. The two problems were not connected. The Hill Start Assist was cured (a long separate story) but within a few weeks of a replacement the battery was flat again.

To cut a long and weary story short, one year later, after four battery replacements and in total around twelve weeks (including the Hill Start Assist repair) in the garage (actually two garages in the same group) I battled to get a replacement car or my money back I ended up with most of my money back.

The garages could not find a fault nor could Ford's own engineers. In the early stages of the investigations they even implied that it must be something I was doing suggesting leaving the boot light on or cleaning the car with the doors open ie: interior light on.

I investigated and found that even though the battery appeared to be charging okay, if I did a long run with the lights on and maybe the wipers the battery would have slightly less charge at the end of the journey than when I started. Over a period of weeks this would result in a flat battery especially if the car was left standing for say the weekend.

I hope you have better luck and that the fault turns out to be an obvious one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts