Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had four new battery protection packs since April this year - has anyone else encountered problems in this area - the car is spending more time in the garage than on the road.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'd be interested to know too, what model are you driving

·
Registered
281 Posts
its a shame that a member lists a fault on the sit and does not follow it up to help other members

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys, I haven't been on for a day or so. The Battery Protection Pack or Battery support Pack when it is working stops you getting messages like "Battery Charge Failure: Stop the vehicle and get the vehicle repaired" or "Battery charge fault: get the vehicle repaired" - I can only assume it is monitoring the status of the charging system of the car. The message was continually coming up when starting the car and also intermittently while drive (thus sending me crazy). Most of the time it appeared only to be sending messages but on the first occasion the engine wouldn't even think of starting (had to get it towed away to get it repaired.

The vehicle by the way is a 160Hp 2l Diesel DSport.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am sure I posted about this before??

my car got a recall on this, if it's the same thing?
it's like a big fuse type thing fitted to the top of the battery to aid with the correct charging

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I assume it is the same thing, but being on the 5th since March makes me think there is an underlying problem. They fix the symptom but not the problem. I could be wrong but I'm just waiting for it to go again. The dealer said there had not been any recalls on this. I'm just repeating what I was told.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The same part cannot really fail 4 times, so as you say, there is some other underlying problem that they are just not looking into properly.
Maybe there really IS a problem with the charging system, and not a problem with the device that reports a problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think part of the problem is that the "technicians" at the dealers believe what the computer tells them rather than looking at the whole problem. They replace the part and say it's fixed - perhaps we need nore of the old fashioned mechanics who knew how vehicles worked and didn't just follow instructions from a PC. Perhaps I'm getting too old and cynical.

·
Registered
227 Posts
disgruntled said:
I think part of the problem is that the "technicians" at the dealers believe what the computer tells them rather than looking at the whole problem. They replace the part and say it's fixed - perhaps we need nore of the old fashioned mechanics who knew how vehicles worked and didn't just follow instructions from a PC. Perhaps I'm getting too old and cynical.
I think common sense and imagination is in short supply nowadays at car dealers - and most other organisations.
This must be very frustrating. Next time, maybe they will swap one from a car that has had no problems and when it fails for the 5th time, realise they need to look deeper!Edited by: Hoovie

·
Registered
281 Posts
disgruntled said:

I agree with that, but all the cars of today have more technology than the older cars and need to be plugged in for everything like you say if the computor tells them whats wrong maybe ok but if it says a few things wrong the the technicians not a clue

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've just had my battery replaced. The car had done just over 11,000 miles and wouldn't start. The problem is now fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts