Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in October my car was not used for 12 days and I ended up with a virtually dead battery. Got it checked out at my local dealer who said that with all the tech stuff on the DS4 leaving it idle for 12 days was not a good idea as it drains the battery. They checked the alternator etc. and all ok.

I recharged the battery and its been ok since until over the Christmas period. I didn't use it for 5 days and the battery just about managed to turn the engine and start. Took it for a 1hour run, left it 2 daysand today it started fine. Any one else with similar problem? Or is it simply they need running at least every 2 or 3 days ? OR is my battery on the way out

·
Registered
3 Posts
DID YOU TRY AND START THE CAR WITH LIGHTS ON AUTOMATIC -? TURN LIGHTS TO OFF - - SEEMS TO TAKE LESS OUT OF THE BATTERY TO START EASIER - THATS WHAT I HAVE NOTICED - IS A BIT CONCERNING THOUGH - HAD A BMW THAT DID THAT - ALWAYS HAD A FLAT BATTERY - ENDED UP BEING CHOPPED FOR A VOLVO !!! WHICH ALWAYS STARTS!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Rev

Assume you have checked terminals are nice and tight and have a coating of Vaseline on them?

Mine regularly stands outside from mon early morning to Friday tea time ish, never had any probsEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luffenhambloke said:
DID YOU TRY AND START THE CAR WITH LIGHTS ON AUTOMATIC -? TURN LIGHTS TO OFF - - SEEMS TO TAKE LESS OUT OF THE BATTERY TO START EASIER - THATS WHAT I HAVE NOTICED - IS A BIT CONCERNING THOUGH - HAD A BMW THAT DID THAT - ALWAYS HAD A FLAT BATTERY - ENDED UP BEING CHOPPED FOR A VOLVO !!! WHICH ALWAYS STARTS!

I used to have the welcome lighting on but have now switched it off since problem.

I'm considering swapping for a Volvo V40 2.0 diesel - - - - need speak to the wife hehe

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deresim said:
Rev

Assume you have checked terminals are nice and tight and have a coating of Vaseline on them?

Mine regularly stands outside from mon early morning to Friday tea time ish, never had any probs

Yes done all that as well. The car was a demo for 18 months before I had it so may be the constant starts and short journeys it had??

·
Registered
472 Posts
Batteries don't last forever and as you say when it was a demo the battery had a hard life, bite the bullet and buy a new battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.