DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I wrote in a previous thread about my ds4 and it being missold to me - anyhow the garage are taking it back 1.6 Hdi 110 Bhp (should of been the 115) and will let me have another car - however sceptical about going for the dstyle again can people te me their mpg town driving in the sport ?? Or other variants thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got the 200thp and get about 34-36 around town and about 40-42 on a motorway run avg over 5500 miles is showing at 38.8mpg.

Congratulations on getting the garage to change it, the 200thp lacks for nothing

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've been very helpful actually - in going to test drive the ds3 cabrio as I did have a ds3 before - don't think I could afford to run the one you've got!!:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Result! well done to you. My 2.0L D Sport diesel averages around 40 mpg with a good mix of town driving and long runs, I do send it on a bit thoiugh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a 2.0l sport to test drive to see what the economy is like - read varied posts on here saying they are more economical than the 1.6? Find that very hard to believe the way it accelerates lol !!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Managed to get 625miles (only 27 left and no segments lit on the fuelgauge
)on a full tank, thatsdrivinglike a grandad and not having any fun.
But almost all on a roads and b roads and around town abit.
No motorway miles,averagedout 49.5 over the 625 miles.
Still nothing like the quoted figures !! and my 1.6 focus (diesel as well) would give about 55mpg on the same sort of journeys .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That I wouldn't mind! I was getting 46 around town in my ds3 so if it was the same I'd be happy - I do drive like a granny to get better mpg but knowing that powers there is temptation !!

·
Registered
155 Posts
520 does sound low, maybe the start stop on the e-HDi does help, as before i had my new battery fitted (long story see other posts) and the start stop only working once in a blue moon i think i got about 540 ish from a tank full but the weather was (a little) colder and i was taking a different route into work due to a road closure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Getting about 515 in my DSport 200 THP, which i dont think is bad, approx 37 MPG no motorway driving in that

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 1.6 DStyle is doing just over 44 around town (and, even though I am a grandad, not driving like one!) and about 54 on a mainly motorway run. I would think that warmer weather will see a slight improvement. (probably one day in August!!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol , I'm so confused as what to do :-( my ds4 1.6 was showing better mpg as the miles topped up - but now I'm driving the 2.0 I'm liking the torque :) and as I have a second chance I don't know what to do !!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dee26 said:
Lol , I'm so confused as what to do :-( my ds4 1.6 was showing better mpg as the miles topped up - but now I'm driving the 2.0 I'm liking the torque :) and as I have a second chance I don't know what to do !!

The 2.0L Diesel is a cracking engine, I was still getting 40mpg at speeds I am not going to admit to on a public forum over the weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe price wise can only have the Dstyle however I'm enjoying the heated seats in the sport I'm driving !! I've got it for a few days so will see how it averages out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AHhh I wouldn't have to worry bout that then ! Is there much difference between the 135 and 160 Bhp ? Diesels that is don't think I could go back to a petrol !!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've not driven the 135 bhp one but as you've already pointed out the torque of the 160bhp engine makes it easy and fun to drive, my Citroen van has the same engine, with 50,000 miles on the clock its averaging 38mpg and thats always loaded up, it weighs 2.7 tonnes on a weighbridge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading reviews on here then what la everyone's opinion - seems the 2.0l does drive easier than the 1.6 in the sense that it doesn't seem to have to work as hard as the 1.6

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would prefer the 2.0 ...the extra torque comes in handy and for the same speed the 2.0 engine does not have to work that hard compared to the 1.6...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts