Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I wondered if anyone else noticed that the blind spot warning switch (green light when ON) sometimes blinks on and off? I seem to notice it more at night for some reason - maybe I dont see it on during the day.

Doesn't happen on every journey, but there are sometimes when it just blinks on and off for a few minutes before settling down. I am talking about the green light on the switch in the car, not the orange indicator light in the mirror.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ive never seen it do this but probably wouldn't have noticed if it had, now you have pointed it out I will keep an eye on it. I have noticed in the rain the orange light in the mirror does come on but was aware of this, I have and early start and late finish tomorrow on a trip to Paisley so will report if it does it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i have bigger fish to fry now. I got the dreaded Engine Fault warning on the way home. Beginning to think Citroen haven't shaken off their love affair with dodgy electrics...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope your problems are sorted quickly, mine is still ongoing, looks like they will be fitting a new engine bay wiringloom on mine, but then all of my warning lamps came on and when the dealer got the car back it had 4 pages of faults.
Still don't buy into this argument that all french cars have dodgy electrics both my last two cars were Citroen and both were extremely reliable (Xantia 2.0l hdi lx& XM 2.0l petrol sei) how I miss there lovely ride, should have continued with that great suspension.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The flashing light is nothing to worry about . It is mentioned in the handbook. It occurs when there are too many images being 'seen' by the blind spot detector and it gets confused. This often happens with mine when there is a lot of spray around. Turn if off and then on again or just leave it and it will reset. You will notice the flashing green at night because it is otherwise dark in the cabin but the condition can arise for the same reason during the day.

·
Registered
472 Posts
spot on was just going to say on my way down the M6 tonight with a lot of spray it was on and off but once onto a dry road good as gold never flackered

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Zippy. Clearly RTFM remains the best advice :)

As for my warning light, it was an intermittent fault on a temp sensor connected to the particulate filter. Its booked in for a service in the new year. At least I know I can stop driving like a granny in the meantime :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Driving down a dark country road my r/h and then l/h mirror indicator flashed... scared the cr*p out me as thought some one was trying to get past with the lights out... it was raining though.

Never done it before so reading this post has eased my mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts