Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Seem to have developed a fault with my blowers. Started as intermittent and now stopped altogether. Scanned various forums but can get a solid answers.

Thought it may have been a resistor pack giving up and then dying. Tested supply to resistor pack - 13v. Output 4v. Regardless of where the dial is set readout stays at 4v. Replaced the resistor pack, 13v in, 0v out. Again, regardless of where the dial was set. Plugged old resistor pack back in to see if I still had a 4v reading, now reading at 13v. Plugged back into motor and motor started working again. Adjusted dial to all set points several times, start and stopped engine several times, all working. Replaced all plastics, gloves box etc, started engine back up and nothing again!

Guessing either a breakdown in a cable or a fault with the heater control module?

Anyone able to shed some light?

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
Do you have a wiring diagram, should be pretty to figure out what's happening if you can see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately I didn't have a drawing to follow. Fortunately I am an electrical engineer by trade.
Day 2 of fault finding on the car, and I managed to catch the incoming voltage to the resistor pack drop to 8v, something it hadn't done the previous day. Tracing the live and earth back, they end up going to a plug by the main wiring loom to the left of the glove box (right hand drive).
The earth was discoloured from over heating and the pins were not creating a good contact inside the plug. Cut the earth from the plug and reconnected using a bullet connector, and the heaters have been working for nearly a week now

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but how did u manage to remove the resistor pack from the blower motor? I can disconnect the wiring but can't find where it clips in. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts