Citroen DS4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
The DStyle Nav does indeed have Sat Nav fitted as standard although this is not on the DSport model - however, unless the price list is wrong the DStyle Nav loses sports seats and the drivers seat under-seat tray and the aluminium drilled pedals. Both DStyle Nav and DSport models now have the 7" touchscreen writing the one wrong of the DS4, the nasty graphics on models without sat nav. The keyless entry also includes keyless start and all models now have tyre pressure sensors fitted.Edited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorry maybe I didn't word that very well, big screen but no satnav - wasn't expecting the screen! This opens a whole can of worms whether you can retro fit a satnav system!

In regards to the graphics, they look pretty good and the touchscreen is pretty responsive! It's decluttered the centre console massively!

I think it's half a second quicker on paper, haven't had chance to plug in my OBD reader yet!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Really nice looking, the centre console looks much, much nicer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah phones done from the touch screen.

Now I don't know if this is just me, but I'm preferring the sound quality from fm than from Dab. Anyone else find this?

Also when looking through the vehicle settings I've come across 'Drivers plip function', any ideas?

Dan :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
DAB gives you more options but yes, the quality is quite flat. The 'plip' function allows you to choose between just the drivers door opening and all doors opening when the car unlocks - with a key, you need to press unlock twice to open all the doors if the car is set up for the drivers door to open on the first plip - not sure how this would configure with keyless entry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ahh I see! I enabled it earlier when I had a bit of a play with the settings so I'll see how that affects things!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
DAB gives you more options but yes, the quality is quite flat. The 'plip' function allows you to choose between just the drivers door opening and all doors opening when the car unlocks - with a key, you need to press unlock twice to open all the doors if the car is set up for the drivers door to open on the first plip - not sure how this would configure with keyless entry.
Not sure if you press a button on the handle (like some keyless entry cars I've had) or you 'drift' your hand over the handle (like the DS5), but you woul just do that twice to unlock all doors if it is set to Driver door ony.
On our Swift, the keyless entry works on ANY door, but only unlocks that specific door and you press the button again to unlock all doors. Very good if you are in a potentially high-opportunist crime area, but actually usually a PITA when you just forget to do twice.

To lock with keyless entry will be same as with key, press/drift hand once to lock, and again to DEADLOCK.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hoovie said:
Frank Bullitt said:
Not sure if you press a button on the handle (like some keyless entry cars I've had) or you 'drift' your hand over the handle (like the DS5), but you woul just do that twice to unlock all doors if it is set to Driver door ony.
On our Swift, the keyless entry works on ANY door, but only unlocks that specific door and you press the button again to unlock all doors. Very good if you are in a potentially high-opportunist crime area, but actually usually a PITA when you just forget to do twice.

To lock with keyless entry will be same as with key, press/drift hand once to lock, and again to DEADLOCK.

Ahh I'll probably turn this back off then. It seems to be playing havoc with letting people in the back/passenger side if I don't unlock all to start with!

Or maybe I'm just being silly and doing something wrong!

The keyless has made me look silly a couple of times already, the worst one left me unable to lock the car for about half an hour, then the penny dropped and I realised that I'd left the spare key on the back seat!

·
Registered
544 Posts
There's a motoring journo who many years ago, when keyless entry was introduced, managed to get his wife to drop him off at the airport and find that he was in the air when he realised the key was still in his pocket - he had started the car to move it before the journey - she drove home and the car was then useless - thankfully she didn't stop anywhere or, worse, stall otherwise it wouldn't have started again.

Be careful!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Frank Bullitt said:
There's a motoring journo who many years ago, when keyless entry was introduced, managed to get his wife to drop him off at the airport and find that he was in the air when he realised the key was still in his pocket - he had started the car to move it before the journey - she drove home and the car was then useless - thankfully she didn't stop anywhere or, worse, stall otherwise it wouldn't have started again.

Be careful!

Yeah I have heard a few horror stories!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
essexpaul said:
How good is the mpg on your new car Dan?

Stoke Poges - Derby in rush hour M40/M42 traffic and I achieved 54.2 :)

I put £30 in on my way back from Brighton last week, started off with a range of 323 and by the time I got back to Stoke Poges the range was 397.

Both journeys have been with the limiter set to 75!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts