Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There does appear to be some issue with some mobile devices connecting via bluetoothand having just purchased a DS4 i would like to makesure that my config will be OK.
When I testdrove it at the weekend i had a quick play and tried to get my Sony Arc Sto connect but it kept failing, as I am out of contract i am looking at getting a new phone and wanted toknowwhat other people had gotten to connect succesfully.
I am interested in getting a new Galaxy S3 and would love to know this connects without issue.

What are other people using?

Also when i connected via the USB connection and the phone was in MTP it didnt seem to like it but then when i connected it via MSC mode it told me that there werent any music files on the disk (which is funny as I have about 26GB of music on my SD Card). Does the music have to bein the root folder? All of mine isin a sub folder called Music???

C

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Samsung Galaxy Nexus and my wife's HTC One X both work brilliantly via bluetooth. Now I prefer to keep a couple of usb sticks in the car, one with my music on and one with my wife's on (I don't like her music so much) and I usually prefer random selections. On the sticks I have the music arranged \Artist\Album on the phones they are arranged \sdcard\Music\Genre\Artist\Album and in each case the car finds the music. I haven't connected either phone by usb.

NFC tags are useful in the car for NFC capable phones if you are a bit techie!

This is the first car I have had which allows me to call contacts from my phone contacts from the steering wheel and I love that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
iPhone4 and HTC One X for me and they both work fine. I also keep a small USB key plugged in with music on it - much easier than using your phone and you get the benefit of browsing the file structure. When I have played music (or most usually, a podcast) on the phone, i have navigated on the phone and the sound just comes out of the car. I'm not sure that you can navigate the phone's music when connected over bluetooth. I did have problems with the bluetooth dropping out when it plays a video podcast as the app/android OS seems to think that nothing is playing over audio so it puts the bluetooth connection to sleep.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi. I have the HTC desire and it doesn't work at all with the DS4 bluetooth. It worked perfectly with the C5. when I checked with the phone shop, they confirmed that its all a bit "hit and miss" with Bluetooth depending on version of OS etc. So I'm looking for advice on which phones work as I need to buy a new one. My preference is for an Android phone, but less expensive than an S3

·
Registered
8 Posts
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">Hutch.

I got an HTC One S on talkmobile £16 a month works great in my DS4 and its a real nice phone
Edited by: NickDS4

·
Registered
8 Posts
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">My wifes HTC Desire works fine as well
Edited by: NickDS4

·
Registered
164 Posts
Now that's interesting. Neither my HTC Desire or wife's desire S works, yet my Sons Galaxy S seems to work fine. Does your DS4 have "myway" fitted or standard stereo. It appears not all DS4s are the same

·
Registered
85 Posts
My iPhone 4S connects immediatly with my DS4! (Fw 5.1.1)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Galaxy SII is one of the phones that works. Maybe that's what I need to go for does it give full directory access?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes,full access to contacts.I haven't really played about with it to much yet so can't say everything it does.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Think I've finally cracked it. Got a new HTC and it seems to work fine, full directory access and media play. Hope it stays that way. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is on USB?
On bluetooth you cant see playlists and artists??

·
Registered
164 Posts
No not on the car display, but there's a nice "car" widget on the phone touch screen which displays nav, music, internet radio and phone, which then streams over the Bluetooth. You need to mount the phone in the right place on the car dash. Not perfect, but good enough for me

·
Registered
164 Posts
The USB also works for music files, but only lists by album and is controllable from the wheel, but again is a bit limited. Might be different if you have a my way screen. Some day somebody will build a fully compatible in car system.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Has anyone tried it with a Blackberry Bold 9780 or similar, I get by DS4 Sport next week and after reading the posts am starting to worry a bit

·
Registered
164 Posts
It actually worked with my Blackberry Pearl pretty well. The problem I had was with my Android, but the new phone seems be working OK so far. I'd check it out before leaving the garage. Edited by: Hutch

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet works nicely when I use it as a navigation tool. I connect only the media player via bluetooth so that I only hear directions, leaving my BlackBerry Torch 9810 connected as a phone for calls.

If I stream music off the BlackBerry I am unable to scroll through playlists, though I am able to skip tracks and I can see song data on the info display. I rarely use this feature though because the sound quality is really bad.

For the most part I leave my 16Gb iPOD nano connected to the USB port. It allows full functionality and accessibility to all the functions through the steering controls.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like a good combination. I agree that the USB is probably best for music. Did you get a special mount for your tablet, and if so , how does it fit to car dash ?
Edited by: Hutch

1 - 20 of 34 Posts