Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.I am a new DS4 owner (less than 3 weeks) but ever since I picked up the car I have been having a couple of issues with the Bluetooth and the stereo head unit and I was wondering if I am alone or if it is a "known" issue.

Firstly, whenever I receive an incoming call, all the head unit says is PRIVATE CALLER (or words to that effect). My phone has the caller ID showing but the head unit won't pick it up.

Secondly, when I plug my phone in via USB, the only music track the head unit will ply is the first track, on the alphabetically first album by the alphabetically artist. The I can't skip away from this track and the only way round it is to go through the full track list and go back and back and back to the head of the menu tree of music and "force" the head unit to understand that there are 130 tracks on the phone and not just 1! It doesn't do this on the bluetooth music streaming - this works fine - but I am loathed to use this as is canes the battery of the phone so much.

For clarity, my phone is a 32GB iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4 (the most recent version).

I am assuming it is a compatibility issue between the phone and the head unit (especially as according to the citroen website the iPhone 5S doesn't exist and nor does iOS7) but I was wondering whether anyone else is having or had this issue and whether anyone can suggest a fix?

I've spoken to both my dealer and to citroen and they've both been about as helpful as a chocolate teapot! Here's hoping my awesome fellow owners can help where others have so miserably failed!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry can't help much, got the iPhone 5 with the same iOS and it displays caller I'd fine, I never stream music just put it on a memory stick and play it from there, the caller display may be a setting on the car but not sure, mine is 18 months old so you will have a different software version to me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek,That's what I reckon!
According to my dealer, its a software issue but also according to them, I have the most up to date software! Is it me or does this roughly equate to 1 + 1 =3?
Oh well, its going in on Wednesday so you never know, it may work but Wednesday night!
Matt

·
Registered
472 Posts
It might be that even the latest car software is not upto date for the 5c or 5s they tend to be a couple of months behind

·
Registered
12 Posts
have you tried deleting your phone AND contact from the memory and reinstalling?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have - no joy!I took the car into the dealership on 12th December to have this "looked at" whilst I wait only to discover that it cant be done whilst I wait as they have to send the "trace" to citroen technical who in turn have to send it to france to get an answer!
Well here we are more than a month later and still NOTHING! I've tried chasing the dealership this morning and the service department have "no news" - the only person in the dealership who seems willing to help i one of the sales people and not even the one that sold me the car!
Maybe I'm going mad but surely a company like citroen MUST understand that a bluetooth software upgrade WONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! My old 2009 Ford Kuga worked PERFECTLY with my iphone 5s on ios 7 so why wont my 2013 citroen?? Simple answer as far as I can see is that the "standard" citroen head units are cheap, poorly built and badly spec'd where as the ford's weren't?
I need to find a solution to this as its driving me mad and frankly I'm getting the feeling that I've been mis-sold something that isnt up to spec and isnt fit for purpose.
Can someone PLEASE offer some advice as to what I can do?????

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you haven't done it I would suggest contacting Citroen UK and let them know of your frustration, this has worked for other people on the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, done that! I was told they dont deal with (quote) anything linked to a technical query and I need to go back to my dealership. When I pointed out I had done that and I was coming to them as the dealership couldnt help I was again told to go back to either my dealership or another dealership!Thanks for nothing citroen!

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you got no joy from the unhelpful people in the citroen customer service dept. find out who the local managing director is and contact him/her directly via email or letter last time i did my software was sorted and i have little issues from my emyway system now works fine with iphone 5 ios7 !! defo software upgrade required.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Citroen uk has given me a courtesy car as my emyway system reboots every 12 seconds or so, dealer collecting the car tomorrow, they suggested dropping it back @ 2pm same day, i told them i dont want it back till its fixed, especially as i have a hire car in the mean time, i wasnt suprised my dealer werent aware of this, even though i told them when i booked in last week.

Have you tried pairing a different phone to your car to see if this shows caller id? My 11 plate does show this and never had a problem with it, using a samsung though...just an idea

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know whether you've come across this site which mentions some of the problems:

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/technology/bluetooth-compatibility/

I have just a regular 5 and my wife has a 5s and both are the same (was the same with her 4 as well to be honest).

The compatibility is pretty poor with the iPhone.

I tend to turn on bluetooth on the phone before putting the ignition on and you seem to have your best chance this way. The caller ID is a known thing I believe as well.

The battery/signal display isn't always accurate, and it will disconnect from the phone shortly after it connects. You can manually connect it when paired and active by going through bluetooth connections management - but it's a bit of a faff considering it's supposed to be a handsfree. Shame as I actually like the system and it worked well with the Blackberry I had before it (crap phone apart from that mind you).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem iPhone 5 etc but my dealer downloaded & updated the whole electronics package from Citroen. I now have the clearest hands free & all is good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts