DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Having picked up my ds4 today, I connected the bluetooth to my iPhone, eagerly anticipating playing my playlists. I would have used the cable but didn't have one on me. I was shocked by the sound quality. There was huge distortions and it was pretty terrible. Has anyone had this problem? And if so has t been rectified?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm no audiophile but mine sounds ok to me,don't really use BT much thoughI have my music on a 16gb usb stick and just leave it plugged in

·
Registered
472 Posts
USB here as well no problemsEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not what you expect from £20,000 car. I'm going to speak to citroen about it to see what they say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here, awful quality from phone and ipad.

Had a lengthy conversation with the tech last time it went in to be serviced. Car running latest firmware etc, he says its only an issue with iPhones (he has one and the other tech has android), although i don't accept them saying its a problem with the iPhone itself as i have an old kensington bluetooth kit that works perfect, its more a problem with the Citroen's handling of iOS devices.

As others have said, given up and use the cable instead. Disappointing, but what can ya do!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alot could be down to the quality of the mp3's on your phone. Mine sounds fine from Iphone 4S. Although Ive ordered a 32gb usb micro stick to leave in the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
iPhone 4S here too. Poor quality of sound through Bluetooth. Perfect sound via USB on the same tracks so sticking to USB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a HTC One X+ which has beats audio on it and connected to the DS4 via bluetooth and it was fine, I usually stream via BT in my Golf TDI too and thats fine. Make sure there are no other devices interfering with the signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My iphone 4s and my girlfriends galaxy s3 is crap streaming music by bluetooth, I've started using a USB stick, and the sound quality is improved 100%

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nothing to do with the quality of the mp3's. iPhone 5, sounds fine via cable and also absolutely fine via a kensington bluetooth to aux adapter i had in my old C5 and fine on a bluetooth speaker i have at home and via airplay etc etc etc. Only time they sound crappy is via the DS4's bluetooth, which...sucks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to this? I've recently bought a 2012 DS4 and the bluetooth is just awful! I've tried both iOS and Android devices, but all have awful sound quality.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts