Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has had problems with their bluetooth please can you describe issue and fix. As the gf's car needs a new unit and is 10 months out of warranty. If Citroën put up a fight I can show them this as evidence.

Can we keep it on topic only no spamming.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Our Bluetooth doesn't work properly and never has - when making phone calls the person on the other end can only hear what is best described as somebody drowning and talking at the same time - within the car it is fine and you can hear the other person fine. Steaming music etc is fine.

I have given up on sorting it as Citroen don't have a fix - I believe it is related to ten DAB module being close to the Bluetooth unit but no idea if that's true.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I only got my car last month and have made a few calls where the person on the other end can't hear me or I'm very quiet. Just called my Citreon dealer, he said yes they've had problems with the bluetooth/mic on some cars and they'll need my car for an hour to diagnose the problem and arrange a fix. Booked in for this afternoon, I'll update you on the outcome.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Good to know a dealer that has identified a fixGood luck Peter

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Peter.

Had an update today. Citroën will pay 65%. Really not good enough TBH.Told other half to ring Citroën UK

·
Registered
41 Posts
My trip to Citreon was good and bad. The bad news is they tried updating the firmware but while doing so crashed and bricked my unit. The good news is a brand-new unit's on the way and whilst there I asked them to take a look at a bit of corrosion on my alloy wheels, they're replacing them all for new

Edited by: Peter

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Great news Peter

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peter said:
My trip to Citreon was good and bad. The bad news is they tried updating the firmware but while doing so crashed and bricked my unit. The good news is a brand-new unit's on the way and whilst there I asked them to take a look at a bit of corrosion on my alloy wheels, they're replacing them all for new 
On no what a disaster. Least they are fixing it for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been on the phone and email to Citroën UK CS last few days to try and get a bigger contribution out of them as I feel 65% can be improved on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lets hope you get a further discount and are you being charged labour?

Mine's booked in today, the alloys are definately being changed and hoping the units come in from France where its been ordered from.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not made a huge number of calls from our car but have never had anyone complain about the quality and the few family members I've asked have all said it is crystal clear. So should be fixable/upgradeable if ours works

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Peter said:
Lets hope you get a further discount and are you being charged labour?
You might be right. I wonder if Citroën are paying for the unit and she is paying for the labour.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update on mine, all's good
My calls are now all clear and my new alloys are all fitted..... Thats the good news.

The bad? When I first took in my car last Tuesday and they bricked my original unit I noticed the footwell lighting had stopped working. I wasn't that concerned as I just thought something had been disconnected while removing the radio/bluetooth unit and it would be put right when the new unit was installed. Anyway, on picking up my car yesterday they said they have no idea why they had stopped working and to top it off the light above my head has now also stopped working. Just to confirm, these are the lights which illuminate upon entry/exit then fade out. I've checked the bulbs and all are ok.

Anyone have any ideas what to check before its booked back in?

·
Registered
41 Posts
J306TD said:
Peter have you checked the fuse?

Hi,

No, which fuse is it and how do I check if its faulty? The rear courtesy light works and the glove box is light is still working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.